Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
VIP of the PFF
8,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Those are hardtails dude. You don't want those trust me. I'll take 'em for bait though if you can bring them by the store :)
I suppose I better just cut'em up and put them in the crab trap then. By the way I decided to try throwing your flounder bait a little while this morning. About every other cast a baby flounder would chase it all the way to the beach. There was a bunch of the little boogers out there, too bad they were all about 10" long.

·
Squid technician
10,484 Posts
If you stomp on them hard enough they will make 11 7/8" which most game wardens will let you slide on. They also flatten a bit which allows you to hide more in your tackle box, shorts, etc.

*DISCLAIMER*- The above comment is being made in a satirical context. All those offended or who have suddenly found themselves with wadded up feminine undergarments can choose to browse another comment, thread, or parallel universe where humor isn't welcomed and where the other members are also brandishing a form of timber, hardwood, PVC or other uncomfortable object in their rear.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Any suggestions , I am going out for pompano in the am. Will be fishing in destin, fresh shrimp and blanched fleas. Any advice is welcome , distance, rigs , bait , time comments please.

·
VIP of the PFF
8,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Any suggestions , I am going out for pompano in the am. Will be fishing in destin, fresh shrimp and blanched fleas. Any advice is welcome , distance, rigs , bait , time comments please.
All my fish came on fresh peeled shrimp. I looked for fleas but didn't see any, so I don't know how the flea bite is right now . I have been catching whiting this side of the bar, all my pomps have come from the other side. The areas I have been fishing, don't have any real fishy looking qualities right now such as wash outs or troughs. I've just been getting lucky. I've got to go and check out some of my other spots. Oh yeah I've been using a two drop homemade rig made up of twenty pound fluorocarbon,with the beads and floats. The candy corn color has been best as far as the float color goes. Good luck.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Thanks for the advice , I'll be fishing a hole created by a storm about a month or so ago. Both side are very shallow (east and west ) , it is at list a 150 yards wide trough . I'll post pictures tomorrow if I get lucky

1 - 14 of 14 Posts