Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's more, officials say the ever-tighter limits of the last three years are based on controversial catch estimates derived from "fatally flawed" phone surveys, inspections at boat ramps and reports from charter boat captains.
http://www.al.com/news/press-register/metro.ssf?/base/news/1257070573237770.xml&coll=3

They'resqueezing fishermen into begging for regulatory mercy.

It's like they're saying they have no choice (that's a lie, they interpret the data) but "if they have better data they could let people catch more fish". There will be no-fishing zones on the bargaining table too. Bow down to the regulations and they'll let you have a few more fish.

The only place this could be fought is in Congress and those people have:

1. got their hands too full of other problems to worry with it

2. are dominated by liberals.

Sometimes I'm really glad I won't be living through too much of this century.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
You just trust them, don't you [deleted].

The actual data is clear. There was no historical snapper habitat from East Texas to near Pensacola - mostly sandy mud bottom. The abundant snapper that exist in that range are there because of artificial reefs that men spenta lot of time and effort building. The Feds are not "restoring" shit.

The only justification they could come up with was that if they allowed fishermen in that range to catch areasonable catchof snapper, then the "highly migratory" (not) snapper would swim from"overfished" areas to that part of the gulf.

We agree about one thing, they're doing it for a "reason". I think I have a better indication of that reason than your clueless mush.

EDIT: well that was a reply to "Enviro1", apparently another incarnation of "Enviro", whose post has been removed.

Channeling Emily Littella: "Never Mind"

·
Registered
490 Posts
fred (11/1/2009)

The actual data is clear. There was no historical snapper habitat from East Texas to near Pensacola - mostly sandy mud bottom. The abundant snapper that exist in that range are there because of artificial reefs that men spenta lot of time and effort building. The Feds are not "restoring" shit.

The only justification they could come up with was that if they allowed fishermen in that range to catch areasonable catchof snapper, then the "highly migratory" (not) snapper would swim from"overfished" areas to that part of the gulf.

+1

1 - 3 of 3 Posts