Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hunted @ our lease this weekend in Camden

with my father and father in law. Me and my dad our deer hunters primarily but we have
known that we have turkeys on the lease. So i invited my father in law over from Georgia to give us some lessons and try to call one up for us. He is an avid turkey hunter and has completed the grand slam of turkeys!! Last year on our first morning hunt i had my first turkey in an hour!! This year the goal was to get my dad his first one and then see how it goes from there we did not expect what happened to happen!!

got to the lease @ 6 am fri. morn 3/26 the three of us lugged all our stuff and the decoys Ken brought with em. Got set up and before we could even get comfortable we had multiple birds gobbling!! ken started working them and he is getting them closer!! and closer!! They went silent!! Ken says get ready he is coming!! First birdsteps out and comes screaming to the pretty boy decoy we had out. my dad puts a bead on him and says tell me when to shoot!! Behind him 5 more gobblers come out and headed for the same area so i told him to wait first bird gets nervous so he shot boom one dead bird before i could even ask ken when to shoot boom 2 dead birds so i had one last shot and took it boom 3 dead birds in a matter of 10 seconds it was total chaos and feathers and birds were floppin everywhere!! Got there to pick them and realized ken had a double kill and didnt realize it!! Total 3 shots 4 birds!! Beards 9, 9 1/2, 9 1/2, and ten inches all two year old birds according to ken. Two othr gobblers flew off and as we were picking up the birds looked to the back of the field three more were coming in and saw us!! It was on of the wildest times ever for three people to get a bird in same sit together!!

here are some pics notice the 4th bird not in pic!! and yes i know the date is wrong due to dead batteries and not changing it!!

and for someone who knows what is the law on double kill?

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
From the regulation book for Alabama.

TURKEY: GOBBLERS ONLY?One a Day, Five During

Combined Fall and Spring Seasons.

Not sure what a game warden would do. He might be understanding but he might issue a ticket too.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Thats awsome right there! Congrats on the quadrupal kill! Hurry an puttem in the freezere and know one will ever know! Not sure what the law is on that but its a little to late! LOL Congrats on a great hunt!

·
Super Moderator
20,451 Posts
Congrats on a helluva hunt. I dont understand why you can only kill one a day, I think you should be able to kill your 5 in a day if you want to. You got to tag them out anyways......or you're suppose to.

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Splittine (3/28/2010)Congrats on a helluva hunt. I dont understand why you can only kill one a day, I think you should be able to kill your 5 in a day if you want to. You got to tag them out anyways......or you're suppose to.
Same way in Arkansas but you only get two. I have had the chance many times to pop both in the same day, and then I think to myself, that I am glad I didnt. My season would be over that quick and I love to spend time in the woods.

Congrats on a great accomplishment even if a little sketchy. I am sure the warden would understand so long as it is you that calls and not him that finds. Good luck with the rest of the season and thanks for posting, those birds are beautiful.:clap

Sorry for the edit, but forgot to ask, what type of call were you using and how long were the spurs?

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Splittine (3/28/2010)Congrats on a helluva hunt. I dont understand why you can only kill one a day, I think you should be able to kill your 5 in a day if you want to. You got to tag them out anyways......or you're suppose to.
Thanks, this will be the only turkey hunting we do all year so i know we wont tag out and he is from georgia so he wont have to worry about it!! In his county they only get three a year but can shoot all three in one day if desired!!

·
Super Moderator
29,285 Posts
Looks like a fine mess of samwiches!!!! Congrats to ya'll!!!:letsdrink

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
TSpecks (3/28/2010)Awesome report and KILL them all. God put creatures on this earth for our benefit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There are plenty left for you Mr. White shoes!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts