Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Worked out in Avalon Beach again yesterday so I decided it would be a good time to wade after work. Got off work and headed for the channel. Tide was steady going out fast with the North wind blowing the outgoing tide out. Did not get a bite for the first hour or so. Then the current stopped and the bites started. The fish positioned perfect for me to catch a bunch, they lined up right on the edge of the channel. They seem to like the middle of the channel when the current is coming in and with no current they sit on the edges like today. Once positioned there, I was able to catch one on most every cast I made. Water was very clear and felt cold. Caught well over 20 trout with quite a few slots but everything was released. Even a few white trout out there in the deeper holes. No giants but lots of smaller trout. Hopefully I can get my boat done this week so I can go get on some of those Gators. Didn't take many pics but here's a few. They sure like slamming that Xrap.

Here's a pic of the tide line the other day as it was coming in very fast, it got to me and passed me in seconds.

Here's the water color change behind the tide line, very clear

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the great comments guys. I definitely love wading and enjoy figuring them out on a specific spot since you can't move around as much. Have narrowed it down to a few good spots depending on time of year so I dont need the boat and dont waste much time. A lot cheaper than taking the boat to. Believe me, you can catch plenty on foot, just need to learn the spots to fish. :thumbup:

·
Super Moderator
28,635 Posts
Great, all these fishing reports are gonna make me put up my gun and break out the rods!!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts