Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not wanting to waste some fresh dead from yesterday, i decided to go wet a line. launched from 17th and paddled out to the bridge. Wind started to pick up so i decided to go around to greenshore since i havent fished it in a bit. bump around for a bit but nothing. look up and saw some nasty looking clouds, within 2 minutes it went from bad to worse. The rain started pissing down and lightning started clapping. beached the yak and sat on a rock for an hour, luckily had my rain gear. once the lightning was gone, i jumped in the yak and headed for 3mb. decided it was alot nicer under the bridge out of the rain. Snagged me a couple sheepie theives. 13'' and 17''. and headed back to the truck. was an ok day minus the lightning , got a little iffy for a sec. but im back home with sheepie for dinner.:letsdrink

·
Registered
481 Posts
Yeah too bad they aren't good for kayak wars points. Pretty soon they will be thick near the pass!

Still can't believe you went out today. About an hr after I talked to you I went in and looked at the radar I thought you wouldn't have gone.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Team Bloody Waters (1/20/2010)Yeah too bad they aren't good for kayak wars points. Pretty soon they will be thick near the pass!

Still can't believe you went out today. About an hr after I talked to you I went in and looked at the radar I thought you wouldn't have gone.

They are gonna count in KW this year.. Don't know the length requirements though.

Nice job Ollie.. no pics?

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dusty, It was too late. i was stuck before i knew it.

yakflies, good news on sheepies counting in KW . I hope its not 20'' or more. and i got some pics of them but no p.c. at the moment to post. im posting p.d.a. and it sucks. reports are good. but better with pics, i know. :letsdrink

·
Registered
503 Posts
Great report, and good job on the sheepies. When I first got here, I caught a limit of sheep head. Not knowing anything I hauled all these fish home to clean, OMG, it was the toughest fish I ever cleaned. I have never fished for them again.

·
Registered
386 Posts
good job on the sheepies. if u drive an suv with bloody waters across the top fo the windshield and were in east hill i drove past you today.

·
Squid technician
10,484 Posts
Maybe its just me butI was actually hoping they wouldn'tcount in the kayak wars. Thats fine though, looks like I'll be spending a day or two at the jetties this spring.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Nice catch and great to tough it out like that. I would like to fish over that way some time. Looks like fish should be around in that area. Here is a video for cleaning a sheephead. This guy makes if look pretty easy.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
jaceboat (1/20/2010)good job on the sheepies. if u drive an suv with bloody waters across the top fo the windshield and were in east hill i drove past you today.

THAT WAS PROBABLY SETH. HE WAS DRIVING UP 17TH WHEN I WAS LAUNCHING. HE DRIVES A MAROON BLAZER. I DRIVE A FORD EXPLODER THAT LOOKS LIKE A HORROR MOVIE, IT ALSO HAS THE DECAL. AND I ALWAYS HAVE A YAK ON TOP,UNLESS IM IN IT FISHING.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Nice to see a yak Sheepie report. Glad you had success dispite the weather!

Kreg

·
Registered
386 Posts
BloodyWaters (1/21/2010)
jaceboat (1/20/2010)good job on the sheepies. if u drive an suv with bloody waters across the top fo the windshield and were in east hill i drove past you today.
THAT WAS PROBABLY SETH. HE WAS DRIVING UP 17TH WHEN I WAS LAUNCHING. HE DRIVES A MAROON BLAZER. I DRIVE A FORD EXPLODER THAT LOOKS LIKE A HORROR MOVIE, IT ALSO HAS THE DECAL. AND I ALWAYS HAVE A YAK ON TOP,UNLESS IM IN IT FISHING.
i guess thats who it was. i think i have seen you around a few times but was always in a hurry or i would have stopped.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts