Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the place looks completely different than it did a week ago.sand bar has been broken up,there are edges ,deep spots and shallow sand bars that are easy to see.the water is clean and clear.Unfortunately not a a lot of fish in there that are willing to cooperate. Tried some some real nice shrimp,a great looking matrix paddle tail.a different colored matrix with sand flea teaser(gulp),no takers.
So I tied on a plug I've had around for awhile, just wanted to see how it would cast.The bluefish liked that thing for about a half hour before they moved on.

Attachments

·
Squid technician
10,484 Posts
Fun stuff Jim. I was going to hit the jetty in the morning but I think I'm going to stay inshore instead.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Did you tie that plug to short piece of wire. I lost so many hooks to bite offs I think wire would still wire with a Gotcha or a plug.

·
Registered
93 Posts
That's pretty much a standard northeastern plugging rig for striped bass, bluefish, false albis, ect. A lot of people will tie up a 36" piece of 30-40lb mono and either tie a dropper loop about halfway on the rig and then sinch on a bucktail or 3/0 with a grub or they will tie on another piece of leader with an Albright knot. I was using this rig out at Pickens last week, except I had a green and pink bucktail I tied, the bluefish were hitting on both my plug and the teaser simultaneously. Even was able to get a pompano on the teaser!

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
one piece of wire with 3 crimps,three swivels,2 tactical anglers clips.Kinda complicated,probably get torn up by a really mean fish.But the times I have used it, it did well on blue fish and a few spanish.probably could have some fun with out on the pier on a hot summer day.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts