Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess it was my turn to go grocery shopping today. Went out and waded the channel today looking to mess around with some trout. Tide was super low when I first got there around 10 and came in fast until I left around 1. The bite was on fire today. Used my trusty Xrap, casting it to the middle of the channel, twitching it down and then pausing up to 10 seconds before I would twitch it a couple times and pause again. The trout were lined up out there on the food conveyor letting the current bring the food to them. They would hit it as it passed over their heads and they were definitely not on bottom as I only caught one on a jig and fluke and it bit near the surface on the fall. For the first 2 hours, every cast was a bite and on some casts I would get up to 4 bites. Not sure why some weren't gettin it other than the current and wind were creating a large bow in the line. The bigger fish didn't miss it though, they were slamming it hard. All bites occurred on the pause so its important to slow down. Lost count of how many caught but was around 30. A lot of 14" fish with 11 slot fish caught. Kept 5 from 17-19" and they were all nice, fat fish. Had one on that was well over 20" that came off right in front of me. Most fish had shad in there stomachs but one had found something larger to eat. Here's some pics:

Wasn't using this lure today but use it a lot around this area. Talk about matching the hatch. :thumbup:

Thanks for looking!

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the replies, hope this was helpful.

Nice catch. Do they bite on high and low tide. Or do they bite better on one or the other
Most of the time it doesnt matter, low tide helps to push them into the deeper water though. They spread out more as the tide comes in. Current is the main factor and it makes them more actively feed.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Awesome stuff. Hopefully I get a new boat soon to get in on some this inshore action. I second the applause of the stomach contents report. NICE!

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Awesome stuff. Hopefully I get a new boat soon to get in on some this inshore action. I second the applause of the stomach contents report. NICE!
Thanks man, glad you enjoyed it. Saw your post on your new ride, congrats that's a sweet boat. Make sure you post up when you start slaying them out there!

·
Registered
765 Posts
nice job!

·
Registered
656 Posts
Thanks man, glad you enjoyed it. Saw your post on your new ride, congrats that's a sweet boat. Make sure you post up when you start slaying them out there!
Hell, I'll do better than that- why don't you let me take you out sometime and you can show me some of your (not TOO sweet) spots up in the northern part of the bay.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hell, I'll do better than that- why don't you let me take you out sometime and you can show me some of your (not TOO sweet) spots up in the northern part of the bay.
Sounds good, I am sure we could work something out. Let me know when your thinking of going out and I am sure we can meet up and catch a few:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for all the comments fellas, hope these reports are useful to someone.
Josh- where you been man? Haven't seen any reports or anything from you lately. We gotta get back out there, at this point my sweet spot should be on fire. Should be some big reds and trout hanging around there.

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
Thanks for all the comments fellas, hope these reports are useful to someone.
Josh- where you been man? Haven't seen any reports or anything from you lately. We gotta get back out there, at this point my sweet spot should be on fire. Should be some big reds and trout hanging around there.
all reports written by thafish is me hahaha

Been catchin bull reds

1 - 20 of 20 Posts