Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
I'd Love to Catch a
3,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hit up the Escambia yesterday with Nathan, Mitch, Johnny, & Tyler. I took my new yak out & they took a couple canoes. Only fished an hour & a half or so because it was getting dark, but we did manage a couple fish. Nathan got his first chain pickerel & so did Tyler. Tyler's was actually a pretty nice fish at 22''. Mitch lost a largemouth & I missed one as well. & Nathan also managed a small redfish on a Gulp. Beautiful evening out on the water, that's for sure!

Tally for the day:

Me: Nada
Johnny: Skunked
Mitch: Nope
Tyler: 22'' chain pickerel (personal record)
Nathan: 20'' chain pickerel (personal record) & a rat red

Tight lines everyone.

Attachments

·
Registered
510 Posts
Pickerel have saved the day for me many times. If you want to catch some over 4 pounds use a large Smithwick Super Rogue or a Zara Spook magnum, made for saltwater. They will eat those up.

·
I'd Love to Catch a
3,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pickerel have saved the day for me many times. If you want to catch some over 4 pounds use a large Smithwick Super Rogue or a Zara Spook magnum, made for saltwater. They will eat those up.
Yup, they're definitely fun to catch! You won't hear any complaints from me when I see one slam my topwater or scream off with my crankbait. I'd like to get back on the river soon & try for one on the fly rod.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts