Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
I'd Love to Catch a
3,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is going to be an exception to my abnormally long & in-depth reports that I usually write. We got out on the water around 11PM & ran back to the dock around 5AM. The majority of the trip, aside from the last hour & a half, was absolute chaos. Hookups at every light, doubles, triples, lost fish, breakoffs, high-fives, fist-pounds, amazing photos, & a whole lot of fun with some amazing friends. This was one of the best, if not the best, nights of fishing I've ever had in my life. We hammered the bulls on twistertails, topwaters, rattletraps, & spoons. They were thick & a lot of them were hungry, which made for one truly killer fishing trip. The bite finally slowed down during the last hour & a half of fishing, at which point the water conditions started to worsen & the wind began picking up. Headed to the dock, loaded the boat up, & then went to Waffle House for some well-deserved early morning comfort food. I don't think we'll be topping this trip for a long time. The new bar has been set for the Mako.

Tally for the night:

Team Rekt: (11 bulls)
Nathan: [4 bulls] 35'', 36.5'', 37'', & the most beautiful 37'' redfish I've ever seen
Selina: [7 bulls] 32'', 32.5'', 33'', 36.5'', 36.75'', 37'', & 38.75'' (new personal record!)

Team Back it Up: (13 bulls - VICTORS!)
Me: [8 bulls] 31'', 33'', 34'', 34'', 34.5'', 37'', 37'', & a hoss 41'' (largest fish of the night!)
Josh: [5 bulls] 30.5'', 31.5'', 36'', 37.5'', & 38''

Tight lines everyone.

Attachments

·
I'd Love to Catch a
3,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Second set of photos.

Attachments

·
I'd Love to Catch a
3,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Third set of photos....

Attachments

·
I'd Love to Catch a
3,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fourth set of photos...

Attachments

·
Reel Anglers
394 Posts
That night was so much fun I almost had Tha fish on Bulls great night filled with many memories can't wait to get back out there and do it again maybe this weekend .

Reactions: stc1993

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Way to go Salina! Good to Nathan out with you guys again.

·
Reel Anglers
394 Posts
Way to go Salina! Good to Nathan out with you guys again.
Thank u for the first time since I have been fishing with josh I out fished him it was fun but I think it is time for a new rod and reel set up don't think mine can handle it anymore

·
Registered
4,253 Posts

Way to go boys that's the kinda night we have been waiting for and here are the conditions that lead us to a absolutely killer night

Outside temp 43
Water temp 52
Moon half
Tide falling
Time 2300-0500
Wind was stable at 7knots picked up to 15
Water chop near smooth at first and got nasty
Lure of the day twist tails on 3/4 jigheads
Marked tons of bait pcola side 3mb
Fish were staged 15-20Ft off bridge
Suspended bites
days prior cold cold cold average temp low 40 high 30 with one cold snap of high 20

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
time to re-tie boys we are hitting the water 1800 hours bring your a" game the bar is set high and visability will be set a low the fog has rolled in and the tide is about to turn 12JAN15

mount up!!!!!!!

·
Reel Anglers
394 Posts
time to re-tie boys we are hitting the water 1800 hours bring your a" game the bar is set high and visability will be set a low the fog has rolled in and the tide is about to turn 12JAN15

mount up!!!!!!!
Have fun out there tonight be safe and try to set the bar even higher team rekt better bring it tonight

·
Reel Anglers
394 Posts
We was out there on the yaks for about 2 hours and ill second they were chewing down!
They were I don't know what it was but I have never caught that many bulls before it got to the point where my arms were sore and I had to take a break

1 - 20 of 36 Posts