Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was going to try to fish Navarre but with the wind I decided not to. Instead myself and TRP went out in the bay. We launched from NAS and peddled across to the Pass. It wasn't to bad. I pretty much made it out of the pass and looked back to see where my buddy went and I couldn't see him so I decided to turn around and start peddling back to the bay. We linked back up and TRP pulls in a couple of nice spanish trolling frozen cigars with a pink duster. I landed a couple of lady fish...shark bait! We decide to make the turn and go towards the Ft Pickens pier. When we make the turn out of the pass into the bay the current is ripping and I am peddling with all my might and making no ground. Ended up having to go more into the channel to make headway. We get to the pier and anchor out of the current and wind and drop down some rigs(I really just needed a break). Not thing much there. We go and anchor up at another location and drop down some cigar minnows on carolina rigs with 5oz weights. We end up catching some hardheads, about 5-6 juvie red snapper, and I managed a small shark about 3'. All and all it was a great day on the water. Managed my first red snapper and shark out of my PA so plus for me. I will see if I can get TRP to post some pics.

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
Nice Sorry we couldnt make it to Navarre that wind scared me off lol paddling in the wind is not fun.

Looking forward to the pics

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
JD- After reading the reports from Navarre I am kind of kicking my self in the ass for not manning up and doing it but I will definately make it down there and fish in the next few weeks. I do want to get a FF before then because then I can see the bottom since it is a new area for me and plus the PA isn't complete till I get one of those.:no:

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
I hear you on FF. When mine was temporarily down I didnt even fish. I felt it was a waste of time trolling and covering water and not having a way to look for new spots. When I troll, I keep my eye glued to my bottom machine because my main goal is to find structure but if I catch a king that is just a bonus.

My buddy does nothing but troll as that is what he likes, He caught eight kings today and several spanish and he was still out there when I left so who knows if he caught more.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts