Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have about 800+ hours on this motor and i have been doing all the maint since i got her with about 500 hours. before then she was serviced at dealers. I do oil/foot oil/plugs/impellar/racor changes myself. I do think it is time for a new timing belt and thermostat. Maybe valve adjustments?? I dunno what is recommended at this hour range. Are there any motor anodes besides the skeg and the one under the trim pumps? Can someone give me a price for this kind of service or a price on parts. Is the belt/thermostat a hard job to do by yourself? Any other things that should be looked at for maintenance?

·
Registered
4,275 Posts
Yes, Yes, and Yes,,, the timing belt should be done at 1000 hours,, if you have done all your other services you should be able to handle this one, if you do not hear any valves tapping, i probably would not worry about the valve adjustment. that can be very expensive, they have cups and shims for adjustment, and are very time consuming. We just did Recess timing belts. He was very happy with the price. please feel free to call if you need any further information..

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So, is the thermostat a hard job to do? where is it located? any zincs on the motor itself? can you give me a price on the belt and the thermostat, and zincs+ any otherparts I may need to change with this many hours? I would just bring my boat to you, but I live in theNiceville area. That is why I choose to do most of the work myself. I can get the parts from you pretty easily though. A PM is fine if you dont want to post it here. Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts