Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Great day on the water! Seas were expected to be a 2-3 ft swell at 6-7 seconds and they were. A few 4-5ft swells were thrown in for good measure, but was able to make about 20 mph and still stay comfortable and dry. Started off slow with only catching 5 live baits at 7 wrecks in the gulf...I know, crazy! Anyway, we had plenty of squid and set off to find some AJ's and Trigger. Let me backtrack, on the last stop to catch bait, at a public wreck in state water, we landed a 12lb 6oz trigger on an ultralight! 10 min fight and what a great surprise! Had plenty of fun with AJ's up to 33" on live bait and jigs. Lost a good one that broke through 80lb braid on my jig, bummer. Anyhow caught lots of trigger, Red snapper up to 16lbs, and a 29" gag! Here are a few pics! Adam's son finally caught the fishing bug and with just a tiny bit of help from ol' dad, landed a nearly 6lb trigger! Great job and what a great day with the boys!

Til next time...tight lines!

Capt'n Daddy!

Attachments

·
Registered
465 Posts
That's what it is all about!!!

Reactions: Capt'n Daddy

·
Super Moderator
28,615 Posts
Great times!!! Nice fishies!!!

·
Banned
1,092 Posts
Man, that's awesome Adam! Way to go on that stud trigger and be there with your son. I cringed at seeing his fingers next to those chompers! (I learned the hard way with a bluefish when I was about his age)

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
hey, adam,
looks like tyler and austin are gonna outfish ya bud.
way to go guys. memories that they will never forget.:thumbup:

jack

1 - 16 of 16 Posts