Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a new Duramax and I have the power programmer from the one to get rid of........

It's a Diablo Predator U7180 for '01-'04 Duramax engines, adjustable power settings for

40 - 65 - 85 and 120 hp. Also capable of reprogramming speedo for oversize tires, running trouble codes, etc.

Just to give you an idea of the performance I got with it.......

On my '03 Duramax 2500HD, 4 dr, 4X4 with just under 170k miles, with the programmer set at 40 hp (towing mode), I got 12 mpg while towing a 31' Cape Horn. With the programmer set at 120 hp(this setting is not to be used for towing, it will burn up the turbo) I got 22-23 mpg around town and 25-26 hwy.

Here's the power setting from the Diablo site

<TABLE cellSpacing=12 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=2>U7180 Stock Vehicle Tunes:</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2></TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD><LI></LI></TD><TD>Stock Tune: with adjustable speed limiters. Speed limiter to approximately 120 MPH varies based on vehicle set-up weight, tire size, 2wd vs. 4wd, etc.</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD><LI></LI></TD><TD>40 RWHP and 100-ft/lb TQ: Tow Tune, made specifically for towing. DiabloSport recommended weight limitations based on manufacturer suggested limits for the vehicle.

</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD><LI></LI></TD><TD>65 RWHP and 150-ft/lb TQ: Economy Performance Tune, designed for Economy and Performance, fuel economy depends solely on driving style, and will vary from vehicle to vehicle. DiabloSport recommended weight limitations of 8,000 Lbs.

</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD><LI></LI></TD><TD>85 RWHP and 195-ft/lb TQ: Performance Tune, designed specifically for performance street driving. DiabloSport recommends this tune not be used for towing.</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD><LI></LI></TD><TD>120 RWHP and 240-ft/lb TQ: XPerformance Tune, designed specifically for opening a can of whoop-ass (pardon the expression). DiabloSport recommends this tune not be used for towing.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

This programmer is unlocked and ready for install. I'm looking to get $200 for it, it goes for $400 new. The price is pretty firm because Diablo will give me $100 credit on trade in for a new one if I don't sell it.

Here's a link to the site to find out more............

http://www.diablosport.com/

I can be reached or leave a msg on my cell: 380-6184

·
Registered
257 Posts
I had already looked at it. It seams that particular model locks it self to a particular vin # even if you return it to a stock tune. If he does still have it then he will have to send it in to diablo and have them unlock it. If he was the original purchaser then the unlocking would be free.

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<SPAN id=_ctl1_ctlPrivateMessage_ctlPanelBar_ctlPrivateMessageRepeater__ctl1_lblFullMessage>yes I still have it and I am the original purchaser but as stated above, it's locked to my old truck vin so I'm just going to send it back in for the $99 credit towards buying another towards my new truck

·
Registered
6,190 Posts
$99.00 credit towards a new one kind of sucks. I'd think that the buyer of your truck (if not a trade in) would of picked it up for a extra $200.00.

I have a Bully Dog in my Dodge and towing a 12,000#+ fifth wheel get 10 MPG.

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I traded the '03 into thedealership on a new one. Because of some of the possible damage hazards associated with leaving the tune on the truck(like at 120 hp where I set it for daily driving but will burn up a turbo when towing) , I set it back to stock. The $99 credit isn't too bad when a new one only costs $399.

Ron, I think you meant 10 mpg instead of mph:poke

·
Registered
6,190 Posts
Scott...Just a bit of information. I purchased a Bully Dog (not sure if it is the best or not) but the Bully Dog can be used on either Dodge, Chevy and Ford. It can be swapped from one vehicle to another as many times as you choose, but can only be used on one vehicle at a time. There is no need to have the manufacture do anything to it if you choose to sell it to someone else. On line updates are available and no extra charge...I hate to use the term "Free" as they are not free as you pay for them to begin with when the unit is purchased.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts