Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shot at three different does this morning.....They were at 55 and 60 steps....They looked to be 50 and shot low...OH well I also saw a Hog at about 100yds....Pretty eventful Morn....It will happen sooner or later....

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I think after two I would just let them walk. No point in taking a shot you're not sure about.

One will come inside 30 for a smack down soon, keep after em!

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I think after two I would just let them walk. No point in taking a shot you're not sure about.

One will come inside 30 for a smack down soon, keep after em!
Sounds like a range finder may be useful, or wait till they are at a distance that you know you can make an ethical shot.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I forgot to take my range finder this morning.....I had one deer in open woods 60yds. to the east....then two 55 to the west....At the time they looked closer than they really were ... like they do on a food plot.....Lesson learned again.....

·
Super Moderator
28,160 Posts
Happens....better then mine! I had a nannie at 25, shot and hit!!! Trailed after giving it more then an hour. Purty good blood, then jumped her at the other side of a creek bottom!!!! She ran off purty good so I think I hit her high and didn't cut any vitals! it happens!

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Looks different from the tree for sure. I lost my range finder after 13 years and had to bite the bullet last month and get another one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts