Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Offshore Fishing > Offshore Charter Reports

Like Tree7Likes
  • 7 Post By D35

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-12-2018, 09:40 PM   #1
D35
Ruby Red Lip

Default Late report from Sat 9/8/18

Well I was fortunate enough to get invited to fish this past Saturday with my good friends Captain Delynn Sigler, Clay Sims and a few others on the Rogue Offshore Freeman, Bad Blood 34, located at Day Break Marina. What a great day with calm seas and good friends! We left Day Break at 6 am, headed for the pass to make bait. It took about 45 min to hit the buoys and the Mass. The cigs were nowhere to be seen, hiding from the storm I guess, so we loaded the boat with as many baby hardtails as we could find. We all grabbed our bean bags, and Capt. Delynn pointed the boat Southwest at 45 mph. After about an hour and half, we ran into a big school of Black fin. We were only able to put one on the boat, but I thought to myself, ďitís going to be a good dayĒ. Another hour or so at high speed and we arrive at our first stop. Within minutes, rods were bent over the gunnels with big AJís attached to the other end. It seemed like we made quick work of our 6 man limit; however, I donít think we stopped catching those donkeys all day. We made another small run and started to work on our grouper. It was tough work most of the day. We kept running into the infamous ARS and the Tax man. A little after 1 pm, we all seemed to find our groove- the scamp were hungry and made their way to the box. These scamp were some of the biggest I have seen in a while. One, I believe, was over 20lbs. When you look at the picture, itís the one on the top row all the way to the right. We had a surprise Cobia hook up on the bottom, a few Mingo, and a couple of Almaco jacks. Water was pretty clean for the most part. At about 4:30, we were all pretty worn out. Capt. Delynn pointed the boat Northeast at 53 mph and we were at the dock in no time. After arriving at Day Break, the real work began-mcleaning the fish. 😂!! Capt. Delynn and Clay, I want to thank you guys for having me tag along for another epic trip. Please call me anytime you need an extra angler.

If anyone out there is looking for a Captain to take you out, think about giving Delynn a call. You wonít be disappointed. His contact info is below.

Captain Delynn
850-758-2165
Attached Thumbnails
Late report from Sat 9/8/18-c94a7c4a-bdff-45c0-b972-3a4ca5a1e82d-jpeg   Late report from Sat 9/8/18-28772a21-aeff-4ada-ab08-cc64bee56cc6-jpg   Late report from Sat 9/8/18-4eb7f194-019b-41f3-a009-1035a05fb778-jpeg   Late report from Sat 9/8/18-7902ded0-b1aa-4b80-871e-99cece4136c7-jpg   Late report from Sat 9/8/18-36ce13c1-6379-4efd-a01e-d681b7f91fb6-jpg  

Kenton, RMS, Lady J and 4 others like this.
D35 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-17-2018, 02:04 PM   #2
Snapper

He is a good as there is in the Norhern Gulf, glad ya'll had a great trip!
Captain Jake Adams is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2018, 05:11 PM   #3
Sailfish

Dang what a load of fish. That’s a stud scamp. I need to book a trip.
specktackler57 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in