Charter today with Captain Delynn Sigler - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Offshore Fishing > Offshore Charter Reports

Like Tree7Likes

Old 06-13-2017, 10:24 PM   #1
Snapper

Default Charter today with Captain Delynn Sigler

Several of my friends who are charter captains told me all last fall that if I wanted to learn to catch bottom fish, go on a charter with Delynn Sigler. Delynn has been a guide for years, does no advertising, and is booked full. He doesn't start booking for the year until January 1st to give everyone a chance. I started calling on the 1st and finally got through to him on the 3rd and he only had a few dates left so I booked for June 13 back in January. We left pensacola on the 34' Freeman he runs and headed south. We stopped outside the pass and caught bait. It was a little bumpy going out but not unpleasant. We dodged a thunderstorm a d arrived at our first spot 57 miles out in about an hour a day a half. From the drop of the first bait the lessons began and the action was non-stop. Big vermillion snapper aka mingos tore my baits up. The limit is 10 and I had my limit of fish ranging from 3.5 to 5 pounds in about 30 minutes. We had another rod down for a grouper and I fought four amberjack from 30-40 pounds to the boat and released them before I hooked up on a grouper. Amberjack season is closed. The grouper dug for the bottom and it was a tug of war for a few minutes. When I finally got it up it was a 25 pound gag grouper. We changed spots looking for another big grouper or some scamps and the amberjacks kept taking our baits on the drop. On the second spot i got into some almaco Jack's which are a cousin to the amberjack and very tasty. While I caught three normal size ones, about 6-7 pounds, I hung a big one weighing over 20. We moved to another spot still looking for red snapper and more grouper. My arms are getting tired. On the next spot we manage to find 3 nice scamps and I finished out my grouper limit. We moved again and pulled up on a red snapper spot and the fish finder just lit up with big marks. I dropped a cigar minnows and it didnt sit 10 seconds before a big snapper inhaled it. I fought it to the boat and about ten more were following it. I boated that one, grabbed another rod and just dangled a cigar minnow in the water and the snapper swarmed it. Hooked up again! Two snapper limit with both over 12 pounds. So I limited out on mingos, grouper and red snapper plus caught 5 almaco Jack's and fought over 15 amberjacks with the biggest over 50 pounds. My arms are jello! If you want a trip of a lifetime with a great guide, give Delynn a call!!
Attached Thumbnails
Charter today with Captain Delynn Sigler-1-jpg   Charter today with Captain Delynn Sigler-2-jpg   Charter today with Captain Delynn Sigler-3-jpg   Charter today with Captain Delynn Sigler-4-jpg  
fishboy, PJIII, MrFish49 and 1 others like this.

Last edited by Downtime2; 09-05-2017 at 08:18 PM.
Bluecape is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-13-2017, 10:26 PM   #2
Snapper

Hmmm, anyone know how to attach the pictures so they open in the thread?
Old 06-13-2017, 11:40 PM   #3
Mingo

Dang,thats another fine trip.. amazing
haulingrass is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-14-2017, 12:39 AM   #4
Grouper

So you went alone?
dustyflair is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-14-2017, 07:47 AM   #5
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustyflair View Post
So you went alone?
That can be the best way sometime.
OP looks like you had a great trip, seems that every post about Capt. Seigler is like that.
tbaxl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-14-2017, 09:51 AM   #6
Trigger

nice box of fish. Delynn is a great fisherman, but really knows how to pound those ground fish.
Old 06-14-2017, 10:07 AM   #7
Snapper

Yes, I went alone. I wanted some one on one lessons and sure got schooled!! Delynn is a great fisherman and I really learned a lot. I feel like my gulf fishing ability took a huge leap forward yesterday.
FenderBender likes this.
Old 06-14-2017, 10:24 AM   #8
Jiggin Finatic
Grand Slam

Awesome catch and top notch guide.
Attached Thumbnails
Charter today with Captain Delynn Sigler-20170613_170216-jpg   Charter today with Captain Delynn Sigler-20170613_170247-jpg   Charter today with Captain Delynn Sigler-20170613_170333-jpg   Charter today with Captain Delynn Sigler-20170613_170359-jpg  
II Chronicles 7:14
if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

lobsterman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-14-2017, 10:44 AM   #9
Snapper

Thanks for fixing the pictures for me lobsterman. When are we going to fish together so you can teach me what you know?
Old 06-14-2017, 10:49 AM   #10
Mines Bigger
White Marlin

Nice fish Glenn. Captain Sigler always crushes them.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in