AMERICA II charter boat - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Offshore Fishing > Offshore Charter Reports

Old 10-15-2013, 07:01 PM   #1
Snapper

Default AMERICA II charter boat

end of vent

Last edited by Mr. Mike; 12-14-2013 at 03:02 PM.
Mr. Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-21-2013, 03:58 PM   #2
Sailfish

Send a message via AIM to feelin' wright

Not quite sure I follow this. Why would any charter boat from OB AL go to fed waters off P Cola to snapper fish. They have much better snapper fishing off of AL coast in my opinion.

It is what it is. Just chuckle and move on with your day.
feelin' wright is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-21-2013, 05:17 PM   #3
Snapper

The I10 reef I am refering to is north of perdido Key fl waters in fed waters bout 12 mi out, the barges and other public structures where I fish is 15-20 mi S and SE of perdido pass. He also abuses spots in the trysler grounds east and west. I have never seen any other head boats doing this. I have been told the Orange Beach Charter Boat Assn. requires that their members sink new reefs every year but I guess he is not a member.

I really don't have a problem where he fishes but it would be nice if he did not run up on an anchored boat and blow diesel fumes on them for 30 minutes or clean off every structure everytime they stop. On public reefs we have been catching real small snapper with big hook holes in their jaw which I believe could only happen by being jerked and lifted to the deck of a large high head boat maybe numerous times. Al. has more man made structures than any other county bordering the GOM but they are a little further south and west of the ones I am refering to.

Occasionally I see and fish alongside 6 pack charter boats on public spots and I think that is ok. I wish them all good luck. They have chosen a tough way to make a living. If they are not healthy probably the recreational fishermen are not healthy either.
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2013, 09:24 AM   #4
Sailfish

Send a message via AIM to amarcafina Send a message via MSN to amarcafina

I have watch this ass hole several times also mr.mike.. he does exactly what you say , Rapes the close in spots that some rec. fishermen only can get to because of their smaller boats. It's all about MONEY for him.. He has the capability to travel offshore many miles but saves on his profit by staying within 12 mile spots out of perdido pass
Old 11-13-2013, 09:47 AM   #5
Grand Slam

That dude is out there all the time. When he pulls up we move on. But, we have caught nice legal snapper in season with him right in our hip pocket. I think all that bait in the water gets them going. Plus we are usually using live bait, bigger fish tend to hit that rather than stale squid chunks.

Seems like the 40 or so people on the boat are having a good time though, tossing back small snapper and rubys. Those folks have been DEEP SEA FISHING and don't know what they are missing.
hjorgan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2013, 09:16 PM   #6
Trigger

Default Wake up! Get informed!

All you guys are right. I am a reef builder out of Orange Beach and have been for 17 years. I sell private reefs to "Recreational Sportsmen and women". These charter operators have become just a scourge on the fishery they give nothing back anymore. Years ago they did pioneer the idea of dumping something going back to it and catching fish but lets face it folks they used to build and deploy reefs every year but ask the state to give you a list of who deployed what and you will be Pissed.-THINGS HAVE CHANGED!. The PRIVATE RECREATIONAL PEOPLE HAVE BUILT MORE AT THIS POINT (2001-2013) than ALL these so called CHARTER people have and ever will! I have watched as the charter fleet bought more sophisticated sonar and radar equipment through the years and YES-MANY LIVE BY THEIR RADAR TO KEEP THEIR ABILITY TO CATCH FISH BY FINDING AND RAPING THE PRIVATE SPOTS PUT OUT BY PEOPLE THEY DOWNGRADE AS-MONKEY BOATS! This kind of capt-with a small c is what's wrong with the charter boats out of Orange Beach and Pensacola also. The boats load up 40-60 people and take them fishing-LITERALLY! There is a difference between fishing and catching. They run slow and mark spots put out by private fishermen and women. Why can't they contribute to the bottom fishery! The feds have protected them way to long and if some of you would get involved you would realize that right now they are such a small piece of the pie its pitiful, but as soon as you question them they will SQUEAL- we are taking recreational fishing people also! The amount of reefs they have built in the last 10 years is a miniscule fraction of what the real SUPPORTERS OF OUR BOTTOM FISHERY HAVE DONE!!!!
The truth hurts sometimes but its still "the truth".
capt mike is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2013, 08:41 AM   #7
Blue Marlin

Is it the boat with the dolphin on the side? If so, Ive seen him at the I-10 rubble just about every time Ive been out there.

My favorite so far has been seeing some party boats out of Destin fishing the stuff 1-2 miles out that I yak to. Seeing the looks on peoples faces who paid good money after running nearly 25 miles to fish a mile and a half off the beach with 40 other people just to roll up on a kayaker is priceless.

850-810-2548

http://www.facebook.com/bitebackcharters/

www.bitebackfishingcharters.com
JD7.62 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2013, 01:06 PM   #8
Snapper

Oh goodness, where to start:

Public means public no 2 ways about it. You people think that the captain is catching those fish for himself and he's not. He's taking the American public to those spots. Before you go running him down you should see what he actually brings back to the dock. 30 min on a hole really isn't a lot. And since your whining about the poor guy in the smaller boats crap what about the poor head boat that's too speed is 10kts? I fish the rubble probably 50% of my trips not in snapper season and enjoy quite a bit of success off of it. If you don't then maybe you need to evaluate your skill set.

Mike Lilly I'm floored. You wanna run down a handful of charter boats for having radars when the fact of the matter I have more of a problem with the rec guys using their tactics to chase and steal. Just because I haven't bought a load of coups in a while doesn't mean I'm not deploying. Just poured $26k into the gulf this year alone. I'm my favorite area too.
LopeAlong is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2013, 07:29 PM   #9
Kim
Blue Marlin

Give the guy a break, it's the only way he can take three full charters a day out.
Kim is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2013, 08:32 PM   #10
Seafox 237 twin outboards
Blue Marlin

It's a public number. Not much that can be done. He is throwing the fish back that is not in season. Horrible reason to bash someone's name on here.
Piss poor.
Chapman5011 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in