What about all the other sins? - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Members Only > Religion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-02-2013, 12:44 PM   #1
Member
Ruby Red Lip
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 90
Default What about all the other sins?

What about all the other sins?

Selective sins? I know those people in Arkansas love BBQ pig, but the bible says otherwise.

Thankfully, this way of thinking will result is a decline in membership to the religion of non-judgmental love.

Last edited by BVBHAWKS; 06-02-2013 at 12:46 PM.
BVBHAWKS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-02-2013, 01:07 PM   #2
Blowhard extrordinair
Sailfish
 
johnf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,271
Default

You really don't know the bible at all do you.
__________________
Hillybilly/blow-hard
12' Old-Town Caspian
johnf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-02-2013, 01:16 PM   #3
Freshwater Flounder
White Marlin
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 3,840
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVBHAWKS View Post
What about all the other sins?

Selective sins? I know those people in Arkansas love BBQ pig, but the bible says otherwise.

Thankfully, this way of thinking will result is a decline in membership to the religion of non-judgmental love.
Mark 7:15 - 20
15 There is nothing from without a man, that entering into him can defile him: but the things which come out of him, those are they that defile the man.
16 If any man have ears to hear, let him hear.
17 And when he was entered into the house from the people, his disciples asked him concerning the parable.
18 And he saith unto them, Are ye so without understanding also? Do ye not perceive, that whatsoever thing from without entereth into the man, it cannot defile him;
19 Because it entereth not into his heart, but into the belly, and goeth out into the draught, purging all meats?
20 And he said, That which cometh out of the man, that defileth the man.




Romans 14:1-4

14 Him that is weak in the faith receive ye, but not to doubtful disputations.
2 For one believeth that he may eat all things: another, who is weak, eateth herbs.
3 Let not him that eateth despise him that eateth not; and let not him which eateth not judge him that eateth: for God hath received him.
4 Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.





.

__________________
*



If you need music on the beach, you're missing the point.


*
AndyS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-02-2013, 01:24 PM   #4
Member
Ruby Red Lip
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 90
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnf View Post
You really don't know the bible at all do you.
Apparently you are the authority when it comes to the bible? Heck, the different sects of Christianity differ all the freakin time when it comes to scripture interpretation..

God sure changed his mind....

Pork bad, now good....

Okay to beat slave, slavery not good

Stonings

I could go on and on....

Man changed his thinking with with advancement of humanity. God played no part in your fantasy religion. You have been duped by man.
BVBHAWKS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-02-2013, 01:36 PM   #5
Member
Ruby Red Lip
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 90
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
Mark 7:15 - 20
15 There is nothing from without a man, that entering into him can defile him: but the things which come out of him, those are they that defile the man.
16 If any man have ears to hear, let him hear.
17 And when he was entered into the house from the people, his disciples asked him concerning the parable.
18 And he saith unto them, Are ye so without understanding also? Do ye not perceive, that whatsoever thing from without entereth into the man, it cannot defile him;
19 Because it entereth not into his heart, but into the belly, and goeth out into the draught, purging all meats?
20 And he said, That which cometh out of the man, that defileth the man.




Romans 14:1-4

14 Him that is weak in the faith receive ye, but not to doubtful disputations.
2 For one believeth that he may eat all things: another, who is weak, eateth herbs.
3 Let not him that eateth despise him that eateth not; and let not him which eateth not judge him that eateth: for God hath received him.
4 Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.





.

I wish God would enter people's minds again and instruct them to write a 20th century bible that is up with the times.

Ever wonder why God went silent 2000 years ago?

I know John, you have it all figured out. Anyone who does not believe as you believe is wrong and will go to hell for not accepting Jesus as their Lord and savior.

I will say it again and try to follow along.....

If you were born in a 99% Islamic country you would be a Muslim and pray to Mecca 5 times a day. You would claim Mohamed is the truth and denounce Jesus as the son of God.

Can you wrap your mind around that and think outside your brainwashed box?

Good karma to ya....
BVBHAWKS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-02-2013, 01:47 PM   #6
Senior Member
Snapper
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Mobile AL
Posts: 427
Default

There is a bit of a difference in the Old vs New Testament.
The question that resurfaces........why make an issue of stuff you don't believe in and from innumerable posts have shown you have no use for?
GWally is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-02-2013, 02:04 PM   #7
Senior Member
Snapper
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Mobile AL
Posts: 427
Default

Torah/OT, still in effect for our Jewish brothers and sisters (though not all follow it to the letter). NT = a new Covenant through Christ Jesus who was sent to provide a "way out" for the Gentile.
Just like most any argument, "selective reading/listening" can be employed to fit it however you may choose.
How about marks on bodies? If one is to follow your line of "reasoning?" then the Jews who were tatooed during the Holocaust are all doomed for eternity? In view of God's irrevocable Covenant with Abraham, I think not.
GWally is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-02-2013, 02:07 PM   #8
Freshwater Flounder
White Marlin
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 3,840
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVBHAWKS View Post
....

If you were born in a 99% Islamic country you would be a Muslim and pray to Mecca 5 times a day. You would claim Mohamed is the truth and denounce Jesus as the son of God.
But of course.

I don't presume to tell anyone what they ought to believe ... I was quoting what mainstream Christian doctrine is in response to the OP.
__________________
*



If you need music on the beach, you're missing the point.


*
AndyS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-02-2013, 02:08 PM   #9
Freshwater Flounder
White Marlin
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 3,840
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatrat View Post
I just love the current news, Southern Baptist bowing out of BSA completely over their policy changes accepting gays.
....
I have no problem with this. Churches ought to practice what they preach ... or stop preaching it. I have little tolerance for hypocrites of whatever religious or non-religious variety.
__________________
*



If you need music on the beach, you're missing the point.


*

Last edited by AndyS; 06-02-2013 at 02:11 PM.
AndyS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-02-2013, 02:19 PM   #10
Freshwater Flounder
White Marlin
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 3,840
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatrat View Post
The great part about cherry picking ....
The great part about "cherry picking" is cherry pie! (& cobbler)



__________________
*



If you need music on the beach, you're missing the point.


*

Last edited by AndyS; 06-02-2013 at 02:22 PM.
AndyS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply


Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.