Are we really saved? - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Members Only > Religion

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Jason

Old 12-07-2015, 03:15 AM   #1
eating tasty
White Marlin

Default Are we really saved?

I ran across this, and it's not fire and brimstone... It's just undeniable truth backed up entirely by scripture. This hits hard, it is absolutely worth the time to sit and listen to. Listen to the first 5 minutes, you won't be able to turn away.

This is fairly old, and was delivered to youth, but it is relevant today for any Christian and the subject matter is definitely adult.

Let me know what y'all think. No one preaches like this today that I know of.

http://youtu.be/cncEhCvrVgQ
FenderBender is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2015, 07:12 AM   #2
*^* JaiBo *^*
Grand Slam

I'll check it out later heading out to hit the water at now....

Philippians 1:21

21 For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain.

Jason is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2015, 07:17 PM   #3
Snapper

Josh My study of the Bible tells me he is in error on some many points. 2 Timothy 2:15 and 16. You did asks what I thought
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2015, 08:25 PM   #4
eating tasty
White Marlin

No problem Gene, I will look those up now. It's good discussion.
Old 12-07-2015, 08:39 PM   #5
eating tasty
White Marlin

2 Timothy 2:15-16

Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker, who has no need to be ashamed, rightly handling the word of truth. But avoid irreverent babble, for it will lead people into more and more ungodliness...

Goes on to mention Hymenaeus and Philetus and hoe they said untrue things about the resurrection and upsetting the faith of some.

Would you mind showing where Paul washer said something that applies to this in Timothy? Not arguing, I was struck with how profound the sermon was and actually read the transcript and see that it was backed with scripture.

The message is certainly hard, but so are the words of Jesus in Matthew 7:13-23 which is where this sermon came from.
Again, not to argue but I love to hear others' interpretation and viewpoints.

Matthew 7:13-23
Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. 14 But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.
15 “Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. 16 By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? 17 Likewise, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. 19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them.
21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ 23 Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’
Old 12-08-2015, 10:02 AM   #6
*^* JaiBo *^*
Grand Slam

While watching it, I will notate some thoughts...

I will agree w/ him about him saying being saved is not saying a prayer and going about your business "as usual". One who is saved is on a journey and must continue this journey and progress in the ways of Jesus. No one automatically there. I like to make it baby steps all the way up.... I surely have issues I work on that GOD despises!

GOD is love....yes he is but he also full of wrath and anger. I think most folks have this vision of GOD is love but are closed minded to wrath/anger. Hard to imagine, but if you dwell into the bible you can read several verses about it.

Continuing repentance is spot on....Do I ask forgiveness every time I sin? No. Like mentioned above, I'm still under baby steps and my stride gets better w/ time. I repent more now then I did last year....

Speaking about church goers (youngsters) that are living in sin yet still coming to church (carnal Christians) and I will say that is on also but it is also goes fer the older folks too. Everyone that goes to church and are an active member can tell you "gossip" and folks reputations which is also judging... Now one can intervene and actually make strides in helping their fellow brother/sister out by speaking with them about this and it's not an easy road.

Permanent change by GOD and being saved....I will say yes, you will be permanently changed but he makes it sound more like an instantaneous achievement that all will recognize right off the bat. I fall back on my baby steps reference....Also if I don't know you from Adam, how will I tell if you are saved? I can watch you, see your behaviors and actions but anyone can portray a "christian" right off the bat...

I liked the know Jesus Christ sentiment....it's purty good. Important to know Jesus Christ, but more important that Jesus Christ knows you....

Built on sand or rock....I've heard his interpretation before....and a solid foundation is important and you build up your life in/with GOD.

I didn't care fer the fake crying....I can't figure if he was actually trying or mocking though....

All in all, I liked the message.....it is strong but in today's world full of hypocrisy it's what is needed. A little shock and awe to get motivation is a good thing. Anything to get folks living right fer GOD is OK by me! I'm gonna study more of his video's in the future as time permits!
FenderBender likes this.

Old 12-08-2015, 10:10 AM   #7
*^* JaiBo *^*
Grand Slam

2 Timothy 2:15-16

15 Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth.

16 Avoid godless chatter, because those who indulge in it will become more and more ungodly.

I think Gene is referring to Paul as a whole....preachers are there to preach/teach. Their interpretation is not final, it's interpretation. The passage is discussing the babble/chatter part of it.... The age of your growth in Jesus Christ is the difference too. My growth is not the same speed as any one else's so my interpretation and comprehension is totally different....

Old 12-08-2015, 09:31 PM   #8
eating tasty
White Marlin

Thanks for the feedback Jason. There is definitely a difference between knowing Jesus as your savior and knowing him as your Lord... And I am dealing with this as I try to get my walk closer as well. Many profess and rely on Christ to save them... Fire insurance if you will. But to make him true Lord of your life requires true repentance and a turning away from sin and hating sin and ungodly things. It's a challenge but an exciting road! Good conversation, thanks.
Old 12-19-2015, 10:15 AM   #9
Mingo

Things are grey when everything is OK. Let their be a cost for being a christian and things will become more black and white. An extreme example are those believers in parts of the middle east when they are threatened to denounce Christianity or lose your heads. In America it could come down to losing employment or tax exempt first.
I believe if you believe on the Lord Jesus from your HEART and purpose by His grace to follow Him then you are sealed. Many ,many do not follow on to know the Lord because it gets costly. I do not believe you lose initial salvation but in the day of judgement there will be shame,regret and loss of reward. Like Nathan said to David,you COULD of had this and that.
The Lord is very,very patient with us (remember the 40 years) and will continue to bless and correct until hopefully we get it.
saltwater1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in