Understanding the End Times...Part 2-How to hold on to your faith when things get bad - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Members Only > Religion

Old 12-04-2012, 02:26 AM   #1
Grand Slam

Default Understanding the End Times...Part 2-How to hold on to your faith when things get bad

Do you ever wonder if this world will ever get better? Wars, earthquakes, famine, death and destruction seem to be the main news stories we hear every night. People aren't even allowed by their employers to say "merry Christmas" to shoppers anymore for fear of offending someone. It is easy to get mad at what we see, but how should we actually respond? Today's message addresses these and other questions about how to live in the end times. According to Jesus, He is going to return as King of his kingdom. His rule and reign will be complete and everyone and everything will be subject to him. Today's message is the second of a 3 part series that takes a look at what it means to live in the last days.

jspooney is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2012, 07:50 AM   #2
*^* JaiBo *^*
Grand Slam

Thanks fer the video's Jeff!!! Funny u mention saying "Merry CHRISTmas"....I called a business the other day and the recording said Merry CHRISTmas so after the usual promps a live voice came on the lineand I commended them fer having it on their answering service....That company was JC Penny!!!! I applaud them fer that!!! More folks should give atta-boys fer folks still understanding the REAL meaning of the season!!!

Philippians 1:21

21 For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain.

Jason is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2012, 10:57 AM   #3
Ruby Red Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by jspooney View Post
Do you ever wonder if this world will ever get better? Wars, earthquakes, famine, death and destruction seem to be the main news stories we hear every night. People aren't even allowed by their employers to say "merry Christmas" to shoppers anymore for fear of offending someone. It is easy to get mad at what we see, but how should we actually respond? Today's message addresses these and other questions about how to live in the end times. According to Jesus, He is going to return as King of his kingdom. His rule and reign will be complete and everyone and everything will be subject to him. Today's message is the second of a 3 part series that takes a look at what it means to live in the last days.

I think earthquakes, famine, death and destruction have been around since the beginning. With today's media being worldwide in a second, I think it makes it look worse than it really is.

Go back 150 years, you wouldn't hear of an earthquake until a month after it happened and only a select few would would have an outlet to get the info.
BVBHAWKS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2012, 12:38 PM   #4
Grand Slam

Hey BVBHAWKS, if you watch the link you will see that I said the same thing.
Old 12-04-2012, 04:50 PM   #5
Ruby Red Lip

Quote:
Hey BVBHAWKS, if you watch the link you will see that I said the same thing.
Wow, I didn't know that was you during my first view!!

I started to watch it and got busy, can you give me the cliff notes version?

I really don't see any escalating natural events(earthquakes, floods and drought) that would stick out from the past.

I do see the worlds moral compass turning the wrong way and I will admit, the declining religions play a role in it. To me, its a fact that most religious folks tend to have better morals.

What church is that Spooney? I might have to drop in one day.
Old 12-04-2012, 05:17 PM   #6
Grand Slam

That is Storypoint Church in Gulf Breeze. We meet Sunday mornings at 11AM. You are welcome anytime. Here are the cliff notes. All from the gospel of Matthew, chapter 24.

1. Wars, rumors of war, earthquakes and famines are just the a sign to remind us that there will be an end one day. There will be an increase in these things, but that increase may just be that we have more access to information so it seems like more.
2. The world is not going to get better, it will get worse. Evil has always existed since men have walked the earth, but God is not asleep...he is waiting until the right time to send his son to reign completely. The right time is when He thinks it is the right time, but ultimately, it is when everyone who will believe in him-does.
3. We (Christ followers) have 4 possible responses to the world getting worse.
a. Get offended- doesn't do any good to be offended. God does not need us to defend him!
b. Get angry- Getting angry is usually counter productive to winning people to your position. Illustration given of a blind man. Nobody is mad at a blind man because he is blind...instead they try to help.
c. Get calloused (numb)- being numb to evil doesn't change anything either.
d. Love-the right response- Love covers over a multitude of sins. Love is an action not a feeling. What you do says what you believe. So...love those who hate and persecute you...that points them to the author of love- Jesus.
4. The final event before Jesus returns (thus bringing the end) is "the gospel will be preached to all nations."

There you have it. The whole message in a nutshell. Minus the jokes and illustrations, of course.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:45 AM   #7
Ruby Red Lip

Quote:
That is Storypoint Church in Gulf Breeze. We meet Sunday mornings at 11AM. You are welcome anytime. Here are the cliff notes. All from the gospel of Matthew, chapter 24.

1. Wars, rumors of war, earthquakes and famines are just the a sign to remind us that there will be an end one day. There will be an increase in these things, but that increase may just be that we have more access to information so it seems like more.
2. The world is not going to get better, it will get worse. Evil has always existed since men have walked the earth, but God is not asleep...he is waiting until the right time to send his son to reign completely. The right time is when He thinks it is the right time, but ultimately, it is when everyone who will believe in him-does.
3. We (Christ followers) have 4 possible responses to the world getting worse.
a. Get offended- doesn't do any good to be offended. God does not need us to defend him!
b. Get angry- Getting angry is usually counter productive to winning people to your position. Illustration given of a blind man. Nobody is mad at a blind man because he is blind...instead they try to help.
c. Get calloused (numb)- being numb to evil doesn't change anything either.
d. Love-the right response- Love covers over a multitude of sins. Love is an action not a feeling. What you do says what you believe. So...love those who hate and persecute you...that points them to the author of love- Jesus.
4. The final event before Jesus returns (thus bringing the end) is "the gospel will be preached to all nations."

There you have it. The whole message in a nutshell. Minus the jokes and illustrations, of course.
One day, when you least expect it, I will show up at your church and calmly listen. During my church days, I always thought the overall message was humbling and thought provoking.

Love is the key, this we can agree on.

I think if we all follow the Golden Rule, from today, until the end of times, our civilization would greatly benefit.
Old 12-09-2012, 02:49 AM   #8
Grand Slam

BVBHAWKS, see you in the morning...
Old 12-09-2012, 10:33 PM   #9
Grouper

This is what comes to mind after watching your service, ( When we are Saved we become Preachers, Teachers, Brother Spooney your Salvation Shines in you.) I hope to visit the Church you attend in the near future. Thanks olecarver
TheCarver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2012, 01:22 AM   #10
Grand Slam

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCarver View Post
This is what comes to mind after watching your service, ( When we are Saved we become Preachers, Teachers, Brother Spooney your Salvation Shines in you.) I hope to visit the Church you attend in the near future. Thanks olecarver
Thank you sir. Would love to meet you.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in