Trouble with a prayer - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Members Only > Religion

Like Tree5Likes

Old 07-05-2015, 11:30 PM   #1
Grand Slam

Default Trouble with a prayer

4th of July get together and I'm asked to bless the meal. Prayers of thanks are usually easy for me - with it being July 4 I thank God for our nation and as I start to ask for his continued blessings reality sets in and I feel like I should be apologizing for our nation and its leaders. I hesitate -start again - pause, and finally get to a spot where i can thank him for the food - it wasn't pretty and the whole thing has really bothered me! I love my country - I think?? I try to do what I know God expects of me - I fail - often - but I try and I have no problem asking for his continued blessing and protection for myself. However, As a nation it looks like we are trying to go 180 degrees away from what God demands. I feel like on many issues our nation has spit in Gods face and I for one am beginning to have a hard time asking for forgiveness and continued blessings for this nation.
jspooney likes this.
Try'n Hard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2015, 12:40 AM   #2
Snapper

Moses asked for guidance. David asked for help. Solomon asked for wisdom. They all gave thanks.
SteveCal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2015, 01:10 AM   #3
Sailfish

Your not alone. just keep your eyes on Him. He is still in control and always will be. He knows exactly what He's doing. this is not our home we are just occupying till His return. for everything to go according to His plan for us this country must fall and He is in control of men and of nations and He puts in power who is needed to complete His plan. we will be taken care of. just keep your faith and eyes on HIM not on what is going on around you because a 1000 will fall on your right and 10,000 on your left but it will not come near you. GOD BLESS and look unto the hills from where your help comes from.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2015, 01:14 AM   #4
Fabricator
Grouper

With every beginning comes an end, and if you are a believer in the faith; you know there is no stopping the end times. So, do what you can, save who you can; leave the rest to God. Which is hard for even me to accept at times that I can only do so much because I am flesh.
cobe killer likes this.
Starlifter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2015, 07:44 AM   #5
*^* JaiBo *^*
Grand Slam

You aren't alone.....the church I attended up here in NC yesterday was great and the preacher brought up the same issue. We are not the judge, GOD is and his word is final. This country has left it's roots that were grown straight from the bible. Government has done so much pruning that this wonderful tree is dying...Sodom and Gomorrah ring any bells.

I'm going to email the preacher from yesterday's service because he had a wonderful powerpoint of our founding fathers and their views which were from the bible....
cobe killer likes this.

Philippians 1:21

21 For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain.

Jason is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2015, 08:16 AM   #6
Powerstroke Medic
Grand Slam

Re read Romans. I needed to read what Paul had to say on the matter again.

To God, a sin is a sin. We are to be as spotless as we can,

Sent from my LGL41C using Tapatalk
[email protected]
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Big-D...48503005194874
Spoolin Up is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2015, 08:19 AM   #7
Powerstroke Medic
Grand Slam

For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly. For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die. But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him. For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life. And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.

[email protected]
Old 07-06-2015, 08:23 AM   #8
Powerstroke Medic
Grand Slam

Start reading around Romans 1:16 it is good stuff!!! Blessings brothers

[email protected]
Old 07-06-2015, 09:11 AM   #9
Grand Slam

Thanks guys - I guess I went from proud American to ashamed American without realizing it until the middle of a prayer.
To be clear - I'm proud of where we have come, but ashamed of how we have turned our backs on God.
Try'n Hard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-07-2015, 02:52 AM   #10
VIP of the PFF
Grand Slam

Last week a coworker and I were discussing our country and religion . Both of us are Christians and we ended up discussing our prayers. It turns out that both of us have had the same trouble as you. We both had always prayed that the Lord would bless and forgive our nation and save us from evil. In our discussion it turns out that both of us had stopped praying for our nation and turned our prayers more towards individuals than country. Both us felt as though this country has gone too far against the wishes of God ,in fact it appears as total defiance to me. Lately I've been so ashamed of how this country has so blatantly turned it's back to God ,that I have felt that this country as a whole is unworthy of God's help. We both talked about it , and decided that even though we both pretty much feel that this nation is lost from God's favor that we still need to pray for it. I understand where you're coming from on this Try'n.
THE POMPANO KING is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in