Tribulation - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Members Only > Religion

Old 02-03-2013, 08:10 PM   #1
Esteemed Member
Trigger

Default Tribulation

So my question is the following, will the rapture happen before or after the great tribulation. I know what I have been taught, and I know what I have read myself. What are your thoughts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2013, 09:22 PM   #2
Blue Marlin

Default Evidently you ain't paying attention.

The "Great Tribulation" is well under way. My life style has declined markedly in the past 4 years and the decline is growing in momentum. If that isn't a "Tribulation" I don't know what is.

Other folks around here are spooked too. I haven't seen .22, .223, 9mm or .308
on the shelves anywhere around here in a while.

Good luck and kep your powder dry.
Old 02-03-2013, 09:55 PM   #3
Ruby Red Lip

It is well under way in Chicago
Friedandtartared is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2013, 10:02 PM   #4
Mingo

After.
GallantReflex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2013, 11:25 PM   #5
Blowhard extrordinair
Sailfish

This is not the tribulation by a good margine. We are so spoiled here that we think $4 gas and same sex marraige is the end of the world. When's the last time one of you were stoned to death or one of your kids starved to death or died of disentery? Anyone seen folks running around with boils?

I'm a pre-trib believer for several reasons. In Thes it says Jesus will meet his people in the air. In Rev. Jesus comes back to Earth. Those are two different actions, so it would be logical to believe the rapture would be before the second coming. God has a history of sparing the rightous from His wrath. He was with Noah in the flood, he saved Lot and hid family from the distruction of Sodom and Ghamora, He was with Moses and the Israelites during the 7 plagues and in the wilderness. There countless other stories where God kept the rightous from harm during His judgement of the wicked. Also there's the fact that those who ate well grounded in the scripures will see the deciever for who he is. With a pre-trib rapture all those in Christ will be gone. There will be a remnant because of people who have learned the word, but aren't saved. They will have to go through the tribulation.

Again, the desolation and persicution during the tribulation will be unimaginable. We are not in it.
johnf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-2013, 12:24 AM   #6
Senior Yakker
White Marlin

"...spoiled..."

Amen brother...we've got it pretty good. Of all the ages of mankind, ours has to be the most comfortable.
Yakavelli is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2013, 12:02 AM   #7
Esteemed Member
Trigger

From what I have studied, we are to go through the tribulation, then raptured. Matt 24 and Mark 13 place the gathering of the elect after the mark of the beast. The sun and moon go dark, stars fall from the sky, then the Son of Man come. Wrath is different from tribulation, after the rapture comes the wrath of God.
Old 02-06-2013, 01:19 AM   #8
Ruby Red Lip

How do you all imagine the rapture will go down? Do you think Christians will ascend to heaven while the non believers will be left behind?

Do you really think people will float into the sky with Jesus?

People have been saying these events will happen for the last 2000 years.
BVBHAWKS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2013, 01:27 AM   #9
Ruby Red Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnf View Post
This is not the tribulation by a good margine. We are so spoiled here that we think $4 gas and same sex marraige is the end of the world. When's the last time one of you were stoned to death or one of your kids starved to death or died of disentery? Anyone seen folks running around with boils?

I'm a pre-trib believer for several reasons. In Thes it says Jesus will meet his people in the air. In Rev. Jesus comes back to Earth. Those are two different actions, so it would be logical to believe the rapture would be before the second coming. God has a history of sparing the rightous from His wrath. He was with Noah in the flood, he saved Lot and hid family from the distruction of Sodom and Ghamora, He was with Moses and the Israelites during the 7 plagues and in the wilderness. There countless other stories where God kept the rightous from harm during His judgement of the wicked. Also there's the fact that those who ate well grounded in the scripures will see the deciever for who he is. With a pre-trib rapture all those in Christ will be gone. There will be a remnant because of people who have learned the word, but aren't saved. They will have to go through the tribulation.

Again, the desolation and persicution during the tribulation will be unimaginable. We are not in it.
Do you really think every man, woman, child and fetus deserved to die during the Flood because they were not rightous? A one second old baby deserved death by drowning from the "loving" Xtian God? Imagine the last breath a baby took before God killed it with the flood.

I'm glad I worship a God that has never killed or commanded men to kill. I could never worship the biblical mass murdering Xtian God.

I sometimes wonder if ya'll are confusing God with Satan? I don't believe in Satan, but I would think Satan would inflict pain and not our creator!
BVBHAWKS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2013, 03:41 PM   #10
Esteemed Member
Trigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVBHAWKS View Post
How do you all imagine the rapture will go down? Do you think Christians will ascend to heaven while the non believers will be left behind?

Do you really think people will float into the sky with Jesus?

People have been saying these events will happen for the last 2000 years.
We are souls in a body, guided by the spirit, perhaps the soul will be risen, and given a new body, an eternal body. Yes, that is how long it has been since Jesus walked the earth. There must be a beast system in place, and technology has just caught up with the idea, so that soon the beast will rear it's ugly head, and be used as a tool to persecute all true believers. The beast will be a cashless society where you will be chipped in order to conduct transactions, along with the vatican issuing a nation day of worship. A one world government, headed by the son of perdition. Everyone forced into worshiping the antichrist. The antichrist will come before the rapture of the church, fooling many of the sleeping believers, catching them unaware.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVBHAWKS View Post
Do you really think every man, woman, child and fetus deserved to die during the Flood because they were not rightous? A one second old baby deserved death by drowning from the "loving" Xtian God? Imagine the last breath a baby took before God killed it with the flood.

I'm glad I worship a God that has never killed or commanded men to kill. I could never worship the biblical mass murdering Xtian God.

I sometimes wonder if ya'll are confusing God with Satan? I don't believe in Satan, but I would think Satan would inflict pain and not our creator!
The inherently innocent are not spared from the first death, but they are spared from the second death. I know of only one true and living God, there are many others, some created by us. My God doesn't kill his followers, some evade the will of God and suffer by their own hand, but you are protected within the will of God. When you are covered by the blood of Christ, you do not fear death, for you know that your next destination is far better. But we must know that belief is not a free ride from turmoil, cause satan will stop at nothing. He has come to kill, steal and destroy, moving as a hungry lion seeking who he can devour. It is those who endure to the end who will inherit the kingdom.

I fail to see how you can only believe in good, and not recognize evil. Who is your god?

You can only get to the father by going through the son.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in