Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Members Only > Religion

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Try'n Hard
  • 1 Post By bakbone

Old 01-26-2014, 10:54 PM   #1
Cigar Minnow

Default Sharing Gods word

Hi all,

I know there are a couple of guys on here that post scripture on a daily basis and its awesome, I feel I have been called to do something similar, share a verse from the Bible that I happen to be reading, maybe the congregation im in is studying or just good ol fashioned fellowship with my friends.
Really just want to share The almighty Fathers word, and hear what other Christians are going through or a story to reflect Gods words and how it helps them.

Romans 12:17-18
17 Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.

Now that's a verse that will make you wonder, Lord, how am supposed to do that? What if someone were to physically hurt me or my family, or someone stealing my things that I worked hard for? Or in a less drastic case what if someone is bad mouthing me? Times like these, I immediately don't always lay my problems at the Lords feet, I'm not perfect, and I try my best to live a Christian life, but since I have been saved I have learned that taking a step back(slow to anger) and put every problem at the Lords feet, the problem doesn't seem like a problem anymore.
Anyone ever have an instance where those words came into your life after someone or something has been or done something evil to you?

You all have a Blessed evening.
Mild_Will is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2014, 06:37 PM   #2
Grand Slam

Just had an instance where I did a $2500 job for a guy. A job that we do all the time, better than most other people in the business - we did a straight up good job, but he immediately didn't like it - picked it to death, wanted to know what I was gonna do to fix it. We did our best and really couldn't see anything that should or needed to be changed. I decided to take the high road and told him I didn't think I could re-do it to his standards and that I would remove everything I had done, which after removal would have to be thrown in the trash and return 100% of his money. Gotta admit I did not expect him to let me do it and lose all my labor and supplies on the original plus about 6 hrs labor to remove it all on a Saturday - but he did, without even a thank you. It has really hurt us financially for the month and I am almost regretting letting him basically stomp on me, my employees and hurting my family financially. Maybe I did it to myself - but I am not one to argue especially where my workmanship is concerned, I tried to be slow to anger and got out of it the best way I knew how. My employees are mad because they say we did a great job and I should have never given him his money back or removed the work, but I just cant sleep when I have a lot of conflict. God has blessed me and I have nothing that I deserved or earned, everything is by his grace, which is sufficient.
Mild_Will likes this.
Try'n Hard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2014, 07:48 PM   #3
◆Commercial◆
Trigger

That's good stuff thank you both for sharing. God bless!
Mild_Will likes this.
bakbone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2014, 11:19 PM   #4
Cigar Minnow

Try'n Hard,

Putting all that effort in to something doing it right(which is hard to find stand up guys these days) and working a full days labor for a full days pay to have it all go to waste, because someone had impossible standards. That is rough, beyond rough.
I know when something similar to me has happened, what seems the high road doesn't always pay the bills, but depending on our Lord to always provide what we need does. You may not see any financial compensation from that job, but, without hesitation I know the lord will provide. And you know he provides.
Amen brother, you took the Christian way, sometimes its a tough move, but that fact that you know the Lord will provide says a lot about. Amen brother.
Mild_Will is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2014, 05:59 AM   #5
*^* JaiBo *^*
Grand Slam

Since there was "law" back then w/ STRICT penalties....i believe it should run its course. Bad mouthing, I kinda laugh at that since I'm usually called colorful words at work....

Philippians 1:21

21 For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain.

Jason is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in