• 1 Post By Jason
  • 2 Post By Mac1528
  • 1 Post By Mac1528
  • 1 Post By Jason

Old 02-16-2015, 01:41 AM   #1
Master of Disaster
White Marlin

Default Seems Like...... 2015

It has been awhile since I started that thread- about a year ago or so... So I thought I would start one afresh!
We should not waste our days chasing after things we want in this life that will not bring anything profitable to our soul, but will only end up wasting away and rot or rust. But it would be better to invest in those things which will provide a nurturing environment where love can grow, compassion will flourish, and the spirit will smile and sing with rapture!
I say that you should live each day to the fullest, not in any manner that is rash or reckless, but is with love, compassion, and patience.
We are here but for a short time, and before you know it, 49 years is gone in an instant. And what have we to show for it? How have we really affected the lives of those around us?

This is not a charter service or professional fishing group, we're just trying to have some fun!
Email- [email protected]
Website- www.badonskybuccaneers.com
FaceBook- www.facebook.com/badonskybuccaneers
Videos- www.youtube.com/aboutscubasteve
badonskybuccaneers is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2015, 08:59 AM   #2
*^* JaiBo *^*
Grand Slam

That's the astonishment of GOD, he will provide. It is hard to swallow and we all are wanting and wanting (material things) which I am guilty of and that is human nature. My family tries to help others, those in the communities and what not. Un-recognized help is hard to do, but it is actually a great feeling and it is Service. Also a hard pill to swallow to love your enemy, but it gets easier----the older I get!
badonskybuccaneers likes this.

Philippians 1:21

21 For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain.

Jason is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2015, 10:03 AM   #3
White Marlin

It took me a little over 50 years to find God....but once I did, wow what a discovery. I never knew until then that everyone here has a purpose in life. Not your purpose but His purpose. Once you find out what it is....everything changes and I mean everything . If you have not found out what your purpose in life is...all you have to do is ask Him, but it won't be a casual encounter. You have to seek Him out and He will answer. We host a life group every Tuesday evening in our house and it has really opened up my wife and I to a loving and caring God. We attended many churches before our discovery and always encountered people who never seemed to have any problems. Life was just peachy for them. What a façade it was. Once our eyes were opened and our hearts were filled, our paths were laid out before us and only those questions that God felt we needed answered would we quenched. He assured us the rest will be answered in His time. How great He is!! We now also understand that there is not a person in this world that does not have some issues. Be it great or small, God will never give you more than you can handle. We extend our love to everyone we encounter, old & young, rich & poor, healthy or sick. To those in need we love you too. For us in need He loves us also. Once your heart is filled with His spirit you learn this about our Holy Father and His commandments

Jesus told us. “'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

If you follow and abide your life to these commands...all of the rest will fall into place and your life will be changed forever. My wife and I are a testimony to this and our witness will endure.

MC ...sharing is caring!
Mac1528 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2015, 07:37 PM   #4
Mingo

Good to see a few sparks flying.
Although fishing is a passion,I learned if I commit my desire to go a fishing (I am 7 hours from salt and fresh water doesn't count) He gives me such times in such a way I know ,"It is the Lord". I do not want to initiate "escapes" from myself.
In my natural man I have salt in my blood having grown up on the water but thank God His life within is greater and may it be the Life that wins.
saltwater1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2015, 07:30 PM   #5
Mingo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac1528 View Post
It took me a little over 50 years to find God....but once I did, wow what a discovery. I never knew until then that everyone here has a purpose in life. Not your purpose but His purpose. Once you find out what it is....everything changes and I mean everything . If you have not found out what your purpose in life is...all you have to do is ask Him, but it won't be a casual encounter. You have to seek Him out and He will answer. We host a life group every Tuesday evening in our house and it has really opened up my wife and I to a loving and caring God. We attended many churches before our discovery and always encountered people who never seemed to have any problems. Life was just peachy for them. What a façade it was. Once our eyes were opened and our hearts were filled, our paths were laid out before us and only those questions that God felt we needed answered would we quenched. He assured us the rest will be answered in His time. How great He is!! We now also understand that there is not a person in this world that does not have some issues. Be it great or small, God will never give you more than you can handle. We extend our love to everyone we encounter, old & young, rich & poor, healthy or sick. To those in need we love you too. For us in need He loves us also. Once your heart is filled with His spirit you learn this about our Holy Father and His commandments

Jesus told us. “'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

If you follow and abide your life to these commands...all of the rest will fall into place and your life will be changed forever. My wife and I are a testimony to this and our witness will endure.
Well stated Mac1528,

I seen a bumper sticker the other day that said "Many people seek God at the eleventh hour, but die at 10:30" I know and can't recall the specific scripture at the moment, but we are living in the last days, actually the last days of the last days and time is very short...according to what Jesus told his apostles what the sign is of the last days...in addition, to the two greatest commandments in which Jesus mentioned in the Greek scriptures is to do what he did with his apostles...preach and teach the good news of the Kingdom...at least that what the bible says not me...if I spoke in error please correct me...as I do not know all that the bible says, but do read it...and think about it's message, after all it is the inspired word of God, 2 Tim 3:16 I believe.
Charlietuna is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2015, 09:19 PM   #6
White Marlin

The eleventh hour in the Jewish day is about 5pm as known to us, as the day began at 6am. One of the criminals that was hanging on a cross next to Jesus was literally in his eleventh hour, if you will, when he was saved.
Luke 23:32
32* Two others, who were criminals, were led away to be put to death with him.33* And when they came to the place that is called The Skull, there they crucified him, and the criminals,*one on his right and one on his left.*34*And Jesus said,*“Father, forgive them,* for they know not what they do. And they cast lots to divide his garments.*35*And*the people stood by, watching,*but*the rulers*scoffed at him, saying,“He saved others;*let him save himself,*if he is*the Christ of God,*his Chosen One!”*36*The soldiers also mocked him, coming up and*offering him sour wine*37*and saying,“If you are*the King of the Jews, save yourself!”*38*There was also an inscription over him,“This is*the King of the Jews.”
39*One of the criminals who were hanged*railed at him,*saying, “Are you not*the Christ? Save yourself and us!”*40*But the other rebuked him, saying, “Do you not fear God, since you are under the same sentence of condemnation?*41*And we indeed justly, for we are receiving the due reward of our deeds; but this man has done nothing wrong.”*42*And he said, “Jesus, remember me*when you come into your kingdom.”*43*And he said to him,“Truly, I say to you, today you will be with me in*Paradise.”
badonskybuccaneers likes this.

MC ...sharing is caring!

Last edited by Mac1528; 02-21-2015 at 09:26 PM.
Mac1528 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2015, 07:53 AM   #7
*^* JaiBo *^*
Grand Slam

Another "great" thing that doesn't baffle me is how the guards were paid off to tell folks that the disciples rolled the stone away and stole Jesus although those who already witnessed it, spread it like wildfire and off to Galilee they went!
PAID OFF, hmm that just sounds to familiar these days.....

Matthew 28:11-15
11 While the women were on their way, some of the guards went into the city and reported to the chief priests everything that had happened.
12 When the chief priests had met with the elders and devised a plan, they gave the soldiers a large sum of money,
13 telling them, “You are to say, ‘His disciples came during the night and stole him away while we were asleep.’
14 If this report gets to the governor, we will satisfy him and keep you out of trouble.”
15 So the soldiers took the money and did as they were instructed. And this story has been widely circulated among the Jews to this very day.
Mac1528 likes this.

Philippians 1:21

21 For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain.

Jason is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in