Reflected Light Matthew 5:14-16 - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Members Only > Religion

Old 12-27-2015, 08:09 AM   #1
Sailfish

Default Reflected Light Matthew 5:14-16

Having been baptized in the Methodist Church in 1947 I read "The Upper Room" daily. I thought Wednesday Dec. 16 to be important. That daily was written by a fellow from England and cited the above verses.

14 Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hid.
15 Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick
and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.
16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven.

I have been thinking about this for two weeks now...?

"What qualities do I reflect to those I meet day by day""

false pride or helpfulness
arrogance or kindness
selfishness or compassion
boastfulness or love and service

Personally, I pray that my better characteristics will shine more brightly on those who pass my way.

Many of you reflect these good qualities, particularly Jason who prepares our daily scriptures. I could list others, but I don't want to miss anyone, God knows you.

Reflected Light Matthew 5:14-16-cross-jpg

You may have seen my post about the crosses I am building and requesting advice, well I must say Thank You! With your help, Johnny's saw, Doug Smith's band sawing the cut outs and encouragement from my wife, we have completed 8 and have 22 under construction. With the jigs we have built and re-learning the tools, they are going faster, but each cross requires several hours of hand sanding.

I am loving each minute of this work! My payment is the appreciation I receive when I give a cross to someone who asked for it. Several folks have asked to buy one and my answer is No, but I will make you a cross and you may make a donation to your church.

When asked why I am doing this, my answer is twofold:
1- I am preparing for final exams.
2-Refer to the above scripture..."they may see your good works..."

Thanks for sharing,
Tom Vandiver AKA Oldflathead

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-27-2015, 05:29 PM   #2
*^* JaiBo *^*
Grand Slam

GOD looks at works along with your heart Tom... You are gold brother! You have been blessed by an awesome life and just the few you have shared w/ the PFF family show this. I can't imagine all the stories you would have!!!

Unfortunately alot of the younger generations don't "listen" enough to their elders and are missing out on stories and wisdom!!! When I worked days in Jay, there was an elderly retired pastor that I made a friend when I went to his house on a 911 call. I would go by and check on him from time to time and listen to stories and the time would fly....

What I do fer the forum is all about GOD. It helps me more then it helps others by making me read into his word daily! I continue to read the bible which is difficult fer someone who HATES reading! BUT I have received several PM's that are heart warming and sometimes amazing to me but NOTHING is impossible when it comes to GOD's spirit and what it can do!!!

Thanks again fer all you do brother! And hopefully I will meet ya one of these days!

Philippians 1:21

21 For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain.

Jason is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2016, 06:34 PM   #3
One eye fishing,
Snapper

Old flathead, I see that we have a similar personal prayer. I also pray that my actions will be seen by all those around me and make those around me better people. Sometimes I struggle, but I'm usually very aware... thank you for illuminating that source!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in