Judgement Seats? - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Members Only > Religion

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Katartizo

Old 04-14-2014, 12:37 PM   #1
Yakadoodledo
Snapper

Default Judgement Seats?

1. Who will appear before The Great White Throne?

For years I heard folks, including some preachers, talk about Christians appearing before The Great White Throne. If this has been your understanding, based on what you have been taught, please take the time to study for yourself.

Hosea 4:6
6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.

II Timothy 2:15
15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

ANSWER
Rev 20:11-15
11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.
12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

2. Who will appear before The Judgement Seat of Christ?

II Cor 5:10
10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

3. Which judgement seat should Christians fear?

Neither! As a Christian you will not see the Great White Throne! As a Christian when standing before the Judgement Seat of Christ you are redeemed and home!

4. Is your name in The Book of Life?

Refer to verse above 20:15

The purpose of this post is to remind myself that when asking for forgiveness each day, I need to ask for forgiveness for things done (sin) and things I should have done (good) but didn't!

Those whose names are found in the book of life will be judged for their deeds in order to determine the rewards they will receive or lose.
Those whose names are not in the book of life will be judged according to their deeds to determine the degree of punishment they will receive in the lake of fire. [I]

Shall we gather at the river!!

Rev 22:1 And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.

Remember, it is not just about what you have done wrong, it is also about the good you failed to do!

I am not saying we are saved by our works!

Ephesians 2:8-9
“For by grace are you saved through faith: and that not of yourselves it is a gift of God: not of works, lest any man should boast.”

Galatians 6:9 says,
“And let us NOT be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, IF we faint not.”

Encouraging verse that brings comfort to me! I hope you are able to say the same! (Below)

II Tim 4:6-8
6 For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand.
7 I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:
8 Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.

If you are reading this, and don't know Jesus as your Lord and Saviour, there are many men on this forum that will gladly pray with you and answer your questions. The verses below explain why it is important for believers to reach out. We want you to know the peace and joy that come from knowing who Jesus IS and what He did for ALL of us!

When asked what the Greatest Commandment is, Jesus answered

Mat 22:37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
38 This is the first and great commandment.
39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets., and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

Lord, thank You for Your Word! May my eyes and ears be open to follow Your commandments, understand Your Passion, and have a heart for Your people!
Amen

This ends today's sermon! May you all have a blessed day and a heart to reach out whether to our brothers and sisters in Christ, or to that person that has not come to Christ YET!

Joe
sure,icanfish likes this.
Ben Carson For President!!! Run Ben Run!!
---------------/------------/-----------/----------/---------/
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.

Mark Twain
Katartizo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-14-2014, 08:38 PM   #2
*^* JaiBo *^*
Grand Slam

Way ta throw it out there Joe!!! Ifin this weather ever clears up, we'll go yaking!!!!

Philippians 1:21

21 For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain.

Jason is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-15-2014, 09:27 AM   #3
Yakadoodledo
Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
Way ta throw it out there Joe!!! Ifin this weather ever clears up, we'll go yaking!!!!
Sounds like a plan! I have done some more work to the yak and trailer. Gonna pick up some bearings for the trailer today. That should finish the trailer rebuild.
I like your PVC project. I may end up changing mine over.

Got a dr appt today. May find out about transplant surgery schedule. Keep me in prayers please! My wife is not feeling good today, say a little prayer for her too please. She is being worn out taking care of me and working.

I have been able to do more around the house recently.

I will be having a back procedure done soon. I have a bulging disc that is very painful.

Oh yeah, I saw those pictures of the bass, you should take a brother there some time too! Looking forward to this weather breaking soon.

I'm gonna go pull the bearing off one side of the trailer now while rain has stopped for a minute.

Have a great blessed day!

Joe
Ben Carson For President!!! Run Ben Run!!
---------------/------------/-----------/----------/---------/
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.

Mark Twain
Katartizo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in