I like this preacher - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Members Only > Religion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-16-2013, 02:05 PM   #1
Member
Ruby Red Lip
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 90
Default I like this preacher

I like this preacher-bible-xx-jpg
BVBHAWKS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-16-2013, 02:15 PM   #2
Senior Member
Sailfish
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The suburbs of Mulat
Posts: 1,790
Send a message via AIM to feelin' wright
Default

Amen. I never understood why Christians get in such a uproar over gay marriage. There is a lot of things in the bible that people overlook because it is inconvenient for them. Seems to me the christian way would to allow people to live their lives as they want to live it. Who are we to judge anyone on their life choices.
feelin' wright is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2013, 02:22 PM   #3
Senior Member
Sailfish
 
aquatic argobull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,750
Default

I like this preacher-leviticus-tattoo-jpg


Its a tattoo reading [Thou] shall not lie with a male as one does with a woman. It is an abomination. Leviticus 18:22?. Who else sees the problem here?

Leviticus also forbids tattooing. In the very next chapter.

Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD. Leviticus 19:28
__________________
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Click for Spearfishing, Astrophotography, Timelapse, Diving, Fishing, Skiing, Warrior Dash videos:

http://www.youtube.com/user/jdbeach2...?sort=p&view=0

aquatic argobull is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-16-2013, 03:04 PM   #4
Senior Member
Sailfish
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The suburbs of Mulat
Posts: 1,790
Send a message via AIM to feelin' wright
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquatic argobull View Post
Attachment 77586


Its a tattoo reading [Thou] shall not lie with a male as one does with a woman. It is an abomination. Leviticus 18:22?. Who else sees the problem here?

Leviticus also forbids tattooing. In the very next chapter.

Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD. Leviticus 19:28
My point exactly. Can anyone give a valid reason why gay marriage should be illegal other than the bible excuse. The Bible forbids eating Shellfish as well but I am pretty sure I seen a shrimp boil at the church by my house on Saturday.
feelin' wright is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2013, 04:32 PM   #5
Senior Member
Snapper
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 476
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVBHAWKS View Post
Description of Red Herring

A Red Herring is a fallacy in which an irrelevant topic is presented in order to divert attention from the original issue. The basic idea is to "win" an argument by leading attention away from the argument and to another topic. This sort of "reasoning" has the following form:

Topic A is under discussion.
Topic B is introduced under the guise of being relevant to topic A (when topic B is actually not relevant to topic A).
Topic A is abandoned.
This sort of "reasoning" is fallacious because merely changing the topic of discussion hardly counts as an argument against a claim.
Naby is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2013, 04:53 PM   #6
Tyler Walker
Sailfish
 
skiff89_jr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Holmes County
Posts: 1,587
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquatic argobull View Post
Attachment 77586


Its a tattoo reading [Thou] shall not lie with a male as one does with a woman. It is an abomination. Leviticus 18:22?. Who else sees the problem here?

Leviticus also forbids tattooing. In the very next chapter.

Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD. Leviticus 19:28
Not trying to argue, but I found this read to be pretty interesting.
P.S.- I don't have any tattoo's
http://jarridwilson.tumblr.com/post/...ad-2-will-i-go
skiff89_jr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2013, 05:10 PM   #7
Senior Member
Sailfish
 
aquatic argobull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,750
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naby View Post
Description of Red Herring

A Red Herring is a fallacy in which an irrelevant topic is presented in order to divert attention from the original issue. The basic idea is to "win" an argument by leading attention away from the argument and to another topic. This sort of "reasoning" has the following form:

Topic A is under discussion.
Topic B is introduced under the guise of being relevant to topic A (when topic B is actually not relevant to topic A).
Topic A is abandoned.
This sort of "reasoning" is fallacious because merely changing the topic of discussion hardly counts as an argument against a claim.
I can see your point, but there should be some consistency in the way people use the message of the bible. He is merely pointing out that people pick and choose what parts of the bible they want to believe and in this case, it is self-serving. A follower of the bible has just as much right to try to stop the institution of divorce as they do gay marriage.
__________________
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Click for Spearfishing, Astrophotography, Timelapse, Diving, Fishing, Skiing, Warrior Dash videos:

http://www.youtube.com/user/jdbeach2...?sort=p&view=0

aquatic argobull is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2013, 05:21 PM   #8
Senior Member
Snapper
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 476
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquatic argobull View Post
I can see your point, but there should be some consistency in the way people use the message of the bible. He is merely pointing out that people pick and choose what parts of the bible they want to believe and in this case, it is self-serving. A follower of the bible has just as much right to try to stop the institution of divorce as they do gay marriage.
He isn't exactly just pointing that out (which would be valid), he uses the argument that people pick and choose what parts of the bible to follow as justification for equality. I don't know what was said after that in the sermon or what he meant by "equality" but frequently on the topic of homosexuality "equality" means that gay marriage (and gay relationships) should be OK. In other words lets not speak up against homosexuality because we don't speak up against divorce, or taken further "we don't enforce this sin over here so let's ignore this other one also."
Naby is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2013, 06:35 PM   #9
Senior Member
Sailfish
 
aquatic argobull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,750
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naby View Post
"we don't enforce this sin over here so let's ignore this other one also."
I appreciate your thoughtful comments, and do agree with this statement to a certain extent, but I don't think that this is the argument he is making. He's pointing out that some rules that are set forth in the bible don't apply to our modern society anymore. Much like stoning a woman for divorce or cutting off her hand for some arbitrary reason (deuteronomy 25:11), we can all agree that these laws are outdated because of our social and scientific evolution. We, therefore, use reason to determine which rules don't apply. Using the bible as a way to "enforce" sins is a misuse of the book.

The problem is that letting scripture serve you instead of the inverse can lead to injustice, hate, and evil. Look at the Westborough church or Taliban. They think they are "enforcing sins". The overarching message is love thy neighbor, why deny love to a neighbor because of an arbitrary rule?
__________________
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Click for Spearfishing, Astrophotography, Timelapse, Diving, Fishing, Skiing, Warrior Dash videos:

http://www.youtube.com/user/jdbeach2...?sort=p&view=0

aquatic argobull is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2013, 08:03 PM   #10
Senior Member
Grouper
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 807
Default

aquatic argobull

can you tell me if the pastor is reading from the OT or the NT?

do you also think we should no longer up hold the second amendment?
captwesrozier is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply


Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.