Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Members Only > Religion
Register Fishing Photos FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Advertise

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By JAK
Unread Yesterday, 10:20 PM   #1
JAK
Cigar Minnow

Thumbs up How's you FAITH??? Honestly

A few years ago I attended a church up in Milton and the pastors son (also a minister) was asking the congregation to close their eyes and follow him as he presented a message without any distractions etc.
Well my Mind wondered in a totally different direction:
With my eyes closed I pictured myself walking down a path and after a while I came upon a HUGE DARK ENDLESS PIT blocking the path. I thought to turn around, when in my mind I heard a voice and Jesus Christ was on the other side of the endless pit with his arms stretched out and HE said COME. I though about walking and falling to my death, I thought about walking back where I came from. AGAIN COME!!
All of a sudden I felt a calm and complete trust. If GOD made the heavens with all the stars in arrangement, all the planets, the EARTH with all it's life, and made US in HIS IMAGE, don't you think he would have you walk across that endless pit. I felt ashamed. If he would have me fall...that is in his will, if he had me walk across the pit safely and into his arms that also is in his will. I knew he has a path for me and I fully trust HIM.
SO, I walked, when I got to the other side I cried that I ever doubted the power of his word and the word of his power. I then opened my eyes, and yes even as an adult I cried inside and I'm sure noticeable. I never never forgot that experience. I also wondered if that pastors son thought it was his message.
The Lord had a message for me and for you. TRUST ME.
Catchemall likes this.
JAK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread Yesterday, 10:39 PM   #2
Snapper

Great Word. Those of us who fish far offshore at night get to see the heavens with virtually no interference from artificial light and to look up into the vastness of space and the glory of His creation is indeed awe inspiring. To think that the God who created all that looks down on this tiny blue speck and these microscopic beings that inhabit it is amazing indeed. Buzz Aldrin, on the flight home from the first moon landing read Psalm 8:3-4. "When I look at the night sky and see the work of your fingers — the moon and the stars you set in place—
what are mere mortals that you should think about them, human beings that you should care for them?"
Unread Yesterday, 11:03 PM   #3
Sailfish

He has a plan for everyone .....He's telling me thats all there is to say...God Bless...
fairpoint is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread Today, 06:57 AM   #4
*^* JaiBo *^*
Grand Slam

Yeah, just imagine the fishermen that threw down their nets and followed Jesus. That stormy night was one that they'd never forget too!

Philippians 1:21

21 For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain.

Jason is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
trust

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in