Forgivness... such a touchy subject - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Members Only > Religion

Like Tree2Likes

Old 02-24-2015, 01:51 AM   #1
Powerstroke Medic
Grand Slam

Default Forgivness... such a touchy subject

Love my neighbor as myself? What if your neighbor has trespassed on you...I am having a hard time forgiving but know it has to be done
[email protected]
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Big-D...48503005194874
Spoolin Up is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2015, 07:46 AM   #2
*^* JaiBo *^*
Grand Slam

It's difficult but as we grow in Christ, it gets better....believe me brother I have my share of "trespassers" weekly! Just keep reading, and spend time in prayer asking fer comfort and guidance!
nb&twil likes this.

Philippians 1:21

21 For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain.

Jason is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2015, 09:25 AM   #3
Sailfish

A friend of mine says, "Bitterness is like drinking poison and expecting your enemy to die"!!! I believe it! And bitterness is the result of unforgiveness. I believe God commands us to "forgive one another", not to benefit those who have wronged us, but for US! It's self preservation. It's also a willingness to learn, and change and grow. God brings relationships into our lives and works through them. Some of them are fun and easy and all good! Others, not so much. Funny thing is I tend to learn the most from the most difficult. Forgive? Yes! Just do it! God will honor that every time!

God bless you as you work through this.
jcoss15 likes this.

Pompano Joe

"I fish and talk about Jesus"

Check out my reel repair & custom shop on Facebook @ Pompano Joe's Reel Works
Pompano Joe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2015, 08:17 PM   #4
Mingo

The christian life IS impossible to live by our old nature. He allows difficulties so we can learn to come to Him and find grace. We call upon the name of the Lord and commit matters to Him. We go our way and in His time see He has answered. We glorify Him knowing it was the Lord. We were created to glorify Him.
I would encourage you to first come to the Lord from your heart.Even if that heart is with unforgiveness no matter how much you wish it otherwise. (We come to Him as we are even when after becoming a Christian.) Commit all these things unto Him and He will work.(see Psalm 37). He may even give you opportunity to bless those who curse you.
There are a lot of amazing testimonies of how saints have forgiven humanly impossible ordeals.I will pray you too will have such an experience.We have only this one life to glorify Him and may we learn to value such opportunities.
saltwater1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2015, 08:23 PM   #5
Mingo

Matt 6:14, 15
14 “For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you;+ 15 whereas if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.+

Matt 18:21, 22

21 Then Peter came and said to him: “Lord, how many times is my brother to sin against me and am I to forgive him? Up to seven times?” 22 Jesus said to him: “I say to you, not up to seven times, but up to 77 times.

There is no limit placed on forgiving your brother (neighbor); but if we want to be forgiven for our transgressions, our sins, then we must forgive too...yes, it is difficult and sometimes forgiveness takes time...yes, pray to have your heart be able to forgive your brother when it is difficult to do so.

just my two coins of small value...
Charlietuna is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2015, 09:11 PM   #6
Powerstroke Medic
Grand Slam

I know I have to forgive this person, I have always been bad about holding a grudge. Right now I cant bring myself to look or speak to them. I know everything I need to do but....
[email protected]
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Big-D...48503005194874
Spoolin Up is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2015, 09:29 PM   #7
Mingo

I had a grude and resentment toward someone at my work few months ago...took a little while, but I let go of that resentment, and in fact I have prayed for him. I forgave him...

God's word the bible also says in Matt chapter 5...I think verse 43, 44...that "you heard it was said you must love your neighbor and hate your enemy. However, I say to you: Continue to love your enemies and to pray for those persecuting you"

Some people like me, may need a cooling off period...reading some bible accounts of acts of forgiveness and prayer really do help...

I will also have some comfort food to help me too
Charlietuna is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2015, 11:38 PM   #8
Mingo

Hello Roy,

Let me share what i feel in my spirit man. When you look towards the cross, what do you see? Do you see two pieces of wood and a bleeding man? What do you really see?
This is what i see. I see God's mercy. I see God's undeserving forgiveness towards man. Is easy to get caught up in unforgiveness. But when our eyes go back to the cross, that changes. You see, you and i did not deserved to be forgiven, but God send His son to provide forgiveness. That is why Jesus said forgive and pray for your enemies. Unforgiveness in the long run will cause roots of bitterness and hatred. When those roots get a hold of one's heart everyone around will suffer.
I know is hard, but it is not impossible to forgive and walk in humility. By you forgiving the wrongs of others, is actually setting you free. I believe that we sometimes choose not to forgive because is easier to hold a grudge than humbling one self. Isn't that what the King of Kings did for us? That is the lesson we all have to learn. The lesson of humility.
When our pride gets in the way, and our own agenda is not meet, we tend to get angry at people. What a great opportunity you have in front of you to show the love of Christ and to show your enemy humility. And that my friend, in the eyes of God, is priceless and it will have its rewards.

God bless you man!!
"Work at living in peace with everyone, and work at living a holy life, for those who are not holy will not see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

"Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect." Romans 12:2
yxlr8urlife is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2015, 05:57 PM   #9
Mingo

and Jesus said...

When a child comes to your land seeking shelter you must extend your hand...
to block there path
While chanting USA! USA!
and carry many a misspelled sign
Go forth and create Corporations!
They shall not cover birth control...
but boner pills are A-Okay!
Is someone writing this down
Basic Christianity people
Josey Wales is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2015, 07:28 PM   #10
White Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josey Wales View Post
and Jesus said...

When a child comes to your land seeking shelter you must extend your hand...
to block there path
While chanting USA! USA!
and carry many a misspelled sign
Go forth and create Corporations!
They shall not cover birth control...
but boner pills are A-Okay!
Is someone writing this down
Basic Christianity people
Feel better? You really showed them huh?
jcoss15 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in