The Southern Kingdom and came across some
thing I thought I would share.
bakbone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2014, 12:52 PM   #2
◆Commercial◆
Trigger

Grafted in or called out?Challenging the "two-house" theoryTitus 3:*8. Faithful is the Word: and in these things I would have you also establish them; so that they, who have believed in Elohim, may be careful to cultivate good works: these are the things which are good and profitable to men. 9. But foolish questions and stories of genealogies and the disputes and contests of the scribes, avoid: for there is no profit in them and they are vain. 10. An heretical man, after you have instructed him once and then again, avoid: 11. and know that such a man is perverse and sinful, and self-condemned.A movement alternately known as the "Ephraimite,"*"Restoration of Israel," "Two-Covenant Israel," or "Two House" movement has been gaining much ground in Messianic cirlces. The erroneous "two-house" belief (started approximately 40 years ago) insist all Christians who become Torah observant believers in the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob automatically belong to the Tribe of Ephraim...and, using Ezekiel 37 (concerning two trees which become one in the hand of the Most High) as "proof", they have built an entire religion around this train of thought! Some have even gone so far as to place more emphasis on their supposed "tribe membership" than on the fact that through Y'shuawe are all ONE in Messiah!Many, if not most, proponents of this movement contend*that members of the "born-again" segment of the Christian church are, in fact, actual blood descendants of the ancient Israelites who were exiled in the Assyrian invasion of Israel in 722 B.C.E. Their agenda is to "prove" that Christians are the northern tribes - which actually detracts from our Savior, Yeshua.Originally, the Messianic Jewish "movement"*was all about bringing Jews to faith in Messiah, nothing more. It was NOT about separating Jews from Gentiles in some sort of a hierarchy of faith. But lately, it has gained ground with myriads of Messianic teachers, who seem to have realized that giving Gentiles a tribal identity via "two house" is a very lucrative business venture.There is on problem with "two house": It is NOT biblical!*(For more on this topic, please check out our article:Ephraimites: A case of stolen identity!
Old 01-28-2014, 12:53 PM   #3
◆Commercial◆
Trigger

We should never speak of the joining of "Ephraim and Judah" as*an essential part of the plan for new birth and union in Messiah Yeshua because He never gave us instruction to do that. There is nothing in Ezekiel 37 which makes that passage a reference to the salvation of Gentiles through faith in Messiah. There is nothing that says these two trees are the spiritual or physical union of Gentiles and Jews. The Messiah can fulfill Ezekiel 37 quite easily apart from any connection to the union of Gentiles and Jews.There is nothing in "two house" teaching that adds anything to that which believing Gentiles and believing Jews already have by their covenant with Messiah Yeshua. The covenant in Him is greater than all covenants and includes every covenant benefit in all other covenants of the Most High. There is nothing in "two house" teaching which yields any benefit to anyone beyond what has already been clearly declared by Messiah and the Apostles.Therefore, "two house" teaching confuses instead of clarifying. It attempts to add where there is no need to add. It commands where there is no commandment. It is an opinion on an interpretation of prophecy which some have made out to be the Torah of G_d. It is not Torah, and it is an error for anyone to make it so.To reflect on the central issue here:*In one sense we are the "grafted in" to the Olive Tree, but more largely, we are "Called Out" from sin unto righteousness. May that be our greater sign.The above was borrowed and used with permission from*MBI*(Messianic Bureau International).*Copyright 2000 Messianic Bureau International. All rights reserved.The bottom line is, there is a difference between discussing the issue in scripture that Ephraim returns, and building an entire religious identity around it! The two-house issue is NON-CORE, non-salvation specific. Instead of "two-house", the more correct way of looking at it - and this comes straight from author*Andrew Gabriel Roth*- is: "ONE HOUSE, two doors, one faith."YHWH never said this issue was to build a separate religion, nor separate Messianic believers into "us and them!" (Jews and Ephraim.) It's not about being "Jews" or "Ephraim"! It's simply about YHWH and being obedient to HIM.Who CARES what "tribe" we are from? YHWH knows which tribes everyone of us belongs to and we will enter through that particular gate when the times comes (Revelation 21:10 through 22:14). But to insist all Gentiles who become believers are automatically part of the "Northern Tribes" - and more specifically "Ephraim" - is absolutely ludicrous. Yet there are entire factions who believe this, and it's all they EVER talk about. But, where does Scripture tell us all Gentiles who come to YHWH are automatically part of Ephraim?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2014, 09:39 PM   #4
Grand Slam

You have exceeded my level of biblical understanding by about 30 levels. I'm still stuck on "can God make a rock so heavy that he can't pick it up?"

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
Try'n Hard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2014, 01:16 AM   #5
Sailfish

As my old preacher would say "Whats a curly tail on a pig for? Its cute and all, but what does it really do? Just look cute." John 3:16 is all anyone needs to know.
let the afflicted hear and rejoice.
Glorify the Lord with me;
let us exalt his name together.
Psalm 34:1-3

Short Range Grocery Getter Marlin 1895GBL 45-70, Long range Browning X-Bolt 300WSM.
Donut slayer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2014, 08:43 AM   #6
Grand Slam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Try'n Hard View Post
You have exceeded my level of biblical understanding by about 30 levels. I'm still stuck on "can God make a rock so heavy that he can't pick it up?"

Try'n Hard, that's actually a logic question, not a theological question. The question itself is illogical and, therefore, non-sensical. It asks if the infinite (God) can be constrained by the finite (rock).
jspooney is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2014, 10:18 AM   #7
Grand Slam

Ok - yeah, I hope you didn't think it was actually something I was really wondering about. It is actually part of a lesson I use with youth to discourage useless and unproductive biblical discussions.

Try'n Hard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in