Daily Scripture - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Members Only > Religion

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Jason
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-04-2015, 08:47 AM   #1
*^* JaiBo *^*
Grand Slam
 
Jason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: (North Baker,FL) KRISPY KREME pro staff!
Posts: 27,175
Default Daily Scripture

1 John 1:8-9

8 If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us.

9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.
__________________
Boatless Again, How long? Who knows...






Philippians 1:21

21 For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain.


Jason is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-04-2015, 01:03 PM   #2
Senior Member
Sailfish
 
Brandon_SPC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 1,677
Default

Jason I know you don't get many responses to this part of the site. Just want to let you know keep it up I come here every day and read these scriptures. It keeps me on track as a new Christain.
Brandon_SPC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-05-2015, 10:54 AM   #3
*^* JaiBo *^*
Grand Slam
 
Jason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: (North Baker,FL) KRISPY KREME pro staff!
Posts: 27,175
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon_SPC View Post
Jason I know you don't get many responses to this part of the site. Just want to let you know keep it up I come here every day and read these scriptures. It keeps me on track as a new Christain.
Awesome to hear Brandon...I get a few responses here and there, but if 1 person reads the word and a seed is planted----It's all to the glory of GOD!!! As a new christian, just remember there will be failures---there will be growing pains---also you may have your own plans, but GOD is in control no matter how much YOU may want to solve a problem just lay it at his feet.

I forgot to add Brandon....there are many sites that have reading plans on reading the bible in a year. My 1st attempt (last year)was unsuccessful but this year I pushed myself (I hate reading) and have almost completed it. My reading comprehension is not all that great so I am going to push myself every year to read the bible!!! After about 3-4 readings my recollection will be alot better which will make be a better christian by being better prepared to quote scripture!
Brandon_SPC likes this.
__________________
Boatless Again, How long? Who knows...






Philippians 1:21

21 For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain.



Last edited by Jason; 10-05-2015 at 11:04 AM.
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-06-2015, 01:33 AM   #4
Senior Member
Sailfish
 
Brandon_SPC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 1,677
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
Awesome to hear Brandon...I get a few responses here and there, but if 1 person reads the word and a seed is planted----It's all to the glory of GOD!!! As a new christian, just remember there will be failures---there will be growing pains---also you may have your own plans, but GOD is in control no matter how much YOU may want to solve a problem just lay it at his feet.

I forgot to add Brandon....there are many sites that have reading plans on reading the bible in a year. My 1st attempt (last year)was unsuccessful but this year I pushed myself (I hate reading) and have almost completed it. My reading comprehension is not all that great so I am going to push myself every year to read the bible!!! After about 3-4 readings my recollection will be alot better which will make be a better christian by being better prepared to quote scripture!
I also hate reading, what reading plan are you using?
Brandon_SPC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-06-2015, 09:19 AM   #5
*^* JaiBo *^*
Grand Slam
 
Jason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: (North Baker,FL) KRISPY KREME pro staff!
Posts: 27,175
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon_SPC View Post
I also hate reading, what reading plan are you using?

I've got a couple bible on line sites and it's all the NIV version. There are soooo many translations, but I feel the NIV is a lot easier to read. You just plug in the day you want to start (I would suggest chronological) and it will take you through the year. Email reminders and it will usually take less then 15 minutes of your day. Right now I jog from Old Testament to new Testament but when I am done, I will read it chronological again...

I started out only reading from the bible here and there. Then I started doing this Daily Scripture which made me read the bible daily, so if the readings wouldn't help any others out---It at least makes me take a bite daily! Now I read chapters and not always part of my daily reading because I run into a daily scripture that makes it more interesting and dwell in that chapter a little longer.
__________________
Boatless Again, How long? Who knows...






Philippians 1:21

21 For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain.


Jason is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply


Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.