Church burglaries - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Members Only > Religion

Old 01-23-2014, 12:16 PM   #1
*^* JaiBo *^*
Grand Slam

Default Church burglaries

OK guys, the lowest of lowlifes broke into our church (Pilgrims Rest Baptist in Baker) this past weekend...They (multiple dirtbags) did extensive damage to the church and was able to get into the safe and steal the Sunday's offerings....Hopefully most of it was paper instead of currency but there are many older folks who go to our church and they probably trust nothing but cash. I heard that a few more churches got broke into also but fer some reason ours was the only news story??? Those that go to church, please ask the deacons/preacher about security at your church. There are still churches that leave doors open so folks can come to GOD's house and pray when they want (I've been told that reason before). Well, instead of "praying" it's more like "prey"....Locks only keep honest folks out but stepping up locks, possible security systems may be beneficial. I always check out churches when I am working, and I won't tell you what I find...use your imagaination! It baffles me I guess since I am in the business that I am......

It also shocks me to see the good work churches do fer the wrong folks. I appreciate churches helping needy folks but too many times, I talk to these "needy folks" that all they care about is getting pills/alcohol/cigarettes and the churches are paying fer their food and utility bills. There should be some sorta checks/balances to check these folks so they can be found worthy of assistance. Sorry if this doesn't sound "Christian" to some folks but from the goberment to our churches it makes me sick to see them taken advantage of....

Philippians 1:21

21 For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain.

Jason is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2014, 12:47 PM   #2
Grouper

you are a low low person to be stealing from a church. i remember back in the early 2000's people were breaking in and stealing the music equipment (which some are pretty high-end stuff) outta some churches on the westside of pcola. scum-bags.

Last edited by J0nesi; 01-23-2014 at 12:50 PM.
J0nesi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2014, 01:09 PM   #3
Snapper

In Destin they have a second hand store that handles assistance for many of the churches. That way someone can't go to several churches for assistance. I do a lot of work in churches and see offering boxes left full or money out on desk with no one around. I always say something about it. I think it is to tempting for some people that are struggling or young kids. I am sorry to hear about your church.
Eglinhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2014, 01:17 PM   #4
Grand Slam

You are correct, Jason. We should not just hand out money to anyone who asks. It is our obligation to check the need and the circumstances, first. The biblical word is "stewardship." That means we "manage" our resources well.
jspooney is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2014, 01:46 PM   #5
twiceRetired Serve No One
Blue Marlin

Hate to hear this Jason.
A 12 volt police siren on the roof hooked to a motion detector in the office cost about $50.
with mask , hoodies and gloves sometimes security cameras can only do so much but a thief hates loud noise .
once again sorry for your loss

HisName is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2014, 02:43 PM   #6
Sailfish

Send a message via Yahoo to TailRazor

I think he summed it up with Scum-Bags!
Old 01-23-2014, 10:55 PM   #7
White Marlin

Jason,

The Church I go to when I am hunting (Baker United Methodist Church in Jesus Christ) also got broken into this past week. They took the safe but nothing else. My home away from home Church cannot afford this theft and I pray these theifs understand their ill ways and understand the forgiveness that is available to them.
Old 01-24-2014, 11:49 AM   #8
*^* JaiBo *^*
Grand Slam

Quote:
Originally Posted by fla_scout View Post
Jason,

The Church I go to when I am hunting (Baker United Methodist Church in Jesus Christ) also got broken into this past week. They took the safe but nothing else. My home away from home Church cannot afford this theft and I pray these theifs understand their ill ways and understand the forgiveness that is available to them.
Yeah, I saw that on the news last night....Only thing worse then making a Church a victim of crime is a cemetery... Respect has been long gone fer too many, but what do you expect when our "leaders" have no respect either!!!!

Philippians 1:21

21 For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain.

Jason is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2014, 12:37 PM   #9
Grouper

Shame the world has gone to showing sign of the changes of our last days now in our mist. If they have no respect for a church ,, they have no respect for life itself. Jason tell the congregation the club has deepest regrets of the church body being violated. Prayers will be with us over this way for Our Lord to give us answers to deal with these things... Peace be with you an the Church and God Bless from Tom an lil Tom
TheCarver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2014, 10:44 PM   #10
Grand Slam

It's a shame and a real problem for churches. Our church has spent thousands on everything from security systems/cameras to background checks for children's volunteers. It doesn't seem right but I guess it's the reality of the times we live in. I am a firm believer that God always has a plan and we seldom, if ever understand it. We are obliged to be good stewards of our resources and have to assume some responsibility for the state of our communities. Nobody at Pilgrims Rest did anything wrong - only the guy that stole. God allowed it to happen - for a reason. Pray for the guy - buy an alarm - and move forward. Lotsa work to be done!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
Try'n Hard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in