Christianity vs. Islam - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Members Only > Religion

Like Tree1Likes

Old 09-23-2015, 09:36 AM   #1
MILF - Man I Love Fishing
Grouper

Default Christianity vs. Islam

Has anyone ever stopped to consider that Christianity and Islam are very, very similar religions? Some would even go as far as to say that our God is the same entity as Allah.

If you read the bible, and have read almost any part of the Quran, striking similarities exist. In fact, the biggest difference I have come across is that followers of Islam don't believe Jesus died o the cross. They believe that he was summoned to heaven, and that it was Judas that was crucified. Other than that, it is a very similar religion.

I will say for the record that I am a God fearing, Christian man, but I can't say that our God isn't the same God that Muslims pray to five times a day.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not, by any means, trying to say that Islamic terrorism doesn't exist, because it absolutely exists. The population of followers of Islam who are active terrorists far exceeds the amount that any liberal U.S. media is willing to admit. However, Islam is not the problem. The problem is that Islamic terrorists want to bring about the end of the world.

Oh yeah, and by the way, followers of Islam believe that Jesus will come back and end the world with fire, separating the saved from the damned...
WAReilly is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2015, 09:53 AM   #2
*^* JaiBo *^*
Grand Slam

The one difference of Jesus being a "prophet" is a big enough difference, and I won't even think about studying into a koran. Unfortunately w/ the actions that our gooberment is bringing forward towards refugees, you will be seeing the koran forced down peoples throats in the future! Hopefully I won't be visiting earth anymore when this occurs!
themance likes this.

Philippians 1:21

21 For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain.

Jason is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-23-2015, 10:17 AM   #3
Ruby Red Lip

Quran (4:95) - "Not equal are those of the believers who sit (at home), except those who are disabled (by injury or are blind or lame, etc.), and those who strive hard and fight in the Cause of Allah with their wealth and their lives. Allah has preferred in grades those who strive hard and fight with their wealth and their lives above those who sit (at home). Unto each, Allah has promised good (Paradise), but Allah has preferred those who strive hard and fight, above those who sit (at home) by a huge reward " This passage criticizes "peaceful" Muslims who do not join in the violence, letting them know that they are less worthy in Allah's eyes. It also demolishes the modern myth that "Jihad" doesn't mean holy war in the Quran, but rather a spiritual struggle. Not only is this Arabic word (mujahiduna) used in this passage, but it is clearly not referring to anything spiritual, since the physically disabled are given exemption. (The Hadith reveals the context of the passage to be in response to a blind man's protest that he is unable to engage in Jihad, which would not make sense if it meant an internal struggle). According to the verse, Allah will allow the disabled into Paradise, but will provide a larger reward to those who are able to kill others in his cause.

Now IMO that does not sound anything like Christianity. I cannot see GOD calling for violence like that.
themance is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2015, 11:37 AM   #4
Grouper

Quote:
Originally Posted by themance View Post
Quran (4:95) - "Not equal are those of the believers who sit (at home), except those who are disabled (by injury or are blind or lame, etc.), and those who strive hard and fight in the Cause of Allah with their wealth and their lives. Allah has preferred in grades those who strive hard and fight with their wealth and their lives above those who sit (at home). Unto each, Allah has promised good (Paradise), but Allah has preferred those who strive hard and fight, above those who sit (at home) by a huge reward " This passage criticizes "peaceful" Muslims who do not join in the violence, letting them know that they are less worthy in Allah's eyes. It also demolishes the modern myth that "Jihad" doesn't mean holy war in the Quran, but rather a spiritual struggle. Not only is this Arabic word (mujahiduna) used in this passage, but it is clearly not referring to anything spiritual, since the physically disabled are given exemption. (The Hadith reveals the context of the passage to be in response to a blind man's protest that he is unable to engage in Jihad, which would not make sense if it meant an internal struggle). According to the verse, Allah will allow the disabled into Paradise, but will provide a larger reward to those who are able to kill others in his cause.

Now IMO that does not sound anything like Christianity. I cannot see GOD calling for violence like that.
I don't see anywhere in this passage that calls for Muslims to kill. I can see how some would believe this passage calls for violence, but I don't see where Allah calls for violence.
Old 09-23-2015, 11:40 AM   #5
Grouper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
The one difference of Jesus being a "prophet" is a big enough difference, and I won't even think about studying into a koran. Unfortunately w/ the actions that our gooberment is bringing forward towards refugees, you will be seeing the koran forced down peoples throats in the future! Hopefully I won't be visiting earth anymore when this occurs!
I do agree with you there. No question about it.
Old 09-23-2015, 11:54 AM   #6
Ruby Red Lip

All religion is flawed. Not going to make any friends saying this, but more people have died because of religion than any other single reason. Once people assume they are right, and are therefore divinely sanctioned to do whatever they interpret needs to be done according to their book, humanity takes a backseat
Johnson11c is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-23-2015, 11:55 AM   #7
Ruby Red Lip

Default Why

Why in this day and age of Christian persecution would we want to compare the two religions? I didn't get the jist that you were looking for a lesson so why not let people worship their beliefs in peace vs comparing similarities?? Capt. John
Capt. John is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-24-2015, 04:49 AM   #8
eating tasty
White Marlin

Default Christianity vs. Islam

There is only one God, and His name isn't allah, it's Yahweh.

Isaiah 45:5-6
5 I am the Lord, and there is no other,
besides me there is no God;
I equip you, though you do not know me,
6 that people may know, from the rising of the sun
and from the west, that there is none besides me;
I am the Lord, and there is no other.

The Bible also contains warnings against adding or taking away from scripture- i.e. other books or religions.

Galatians 1:6-9
I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting him who called you in the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospeló not that there is another one, but there are some who trouble you and want to distort the gospel of Christ. But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed. As we have said before, so now I say again: If anyone is preaching to you a gospel contrary to the one you received, let him be accursed.
FenderBender is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-24-2015, 06:02 PM   #9
twiceRetired Serve No One
Blue Marlin

Jesus was the son of God all mighty and they are the father ,son and holly ghost and can not be compared with a 700AD illiterate ,pedophile , homosexual rapist who supposedly wrote a book he could never read.
I think I will let my God slap me on the wrist for not turning the other cheek to those he told to slaughter and their animals in the beginning.

If you do not own a sward then sell your cloths and buy one
Each day I chose to follow Christ.

HisName is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-26-2015, 09:13 AM   #10
Freshwater Flounder
White Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenderBender View Post
There is only one God, and His name isn't allah, it's Yahweh.

Isaiah 45:5-6
5 I am the Lord, and there is no other,
besides me there is no God;
I equip you, though you do not know me,
6 that people may know, from the rising of the sun
and from the west, that there is none besides me;
I am the Lord, and there is no other.

Well, as Shakespeare wrote: "What's in a name."

"Allah" just means "God" in Arabic so far as I know .... it has the same etymological root as the Hebrew word for "God" and is used by Arab Christians as well.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allah

If you need music on the beach, you're missing the point.

AndyS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in