Where to Launch From to Fish the Gulf - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Kayak Forum > Kayaking Reports

Like Tree2Likes

Old 03-26-2015, 10:32 PM   #1
Cigar Minnow

Default Where to Launch From to Fish the Gulf

Haven't fished the gulf yet. I'm in Destin till the end of April and really want to get my PA out into open water. I've read many of your posts the past couple of years where launch locations were mentioned. I recall Henderson State Park and next to the Backporch Restaurant. Can you share any other spots between Fort Walton and 30-A?? Thanks guys!!
gobie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2015, 10:52 PM   #2
Trigger

theres a guy on here his name is tannerlc (something like that) he lives and is going to start kayak fishing out there. see if you can PM him
New2ThaSport is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-26-2015, 11:28 PM   #3
Cigar Minnow

Thanks New2ThaSport.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2015, 11:38 PM   #4
Trigger

did you get ahold of him?
New2ThaSport is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2015, 12:09 AM   #5
Snapper

The area around Henderson is great. Plenty of public reefs that hold fish very close to the beach.
gulfbreezetom likes this.
Fisherdad1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2015, 12:40 AM   #6
White Marlin

You can launch right under the West side of Destin bridge, there's a big gravel parking lot open to the public it's real close to the water. I see kayaks launch their all the time. Good inshore fishing around the Coast Guard station right around the corner too and it's also just inside Destin pass.
69Viking is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2015, 09:57 AM   #7
Trigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherdad1 View Post
The area around Henderson is great. Plenty of public reefs that hold fish very close to the beach.
FIsherDad, where is this Henderson? I'm getting too old to haul my kayak a half mile across the beach to launch.
Old 03-27-2015, 12:17 PM   #8
Cigar Minnow

Thanks Fisherdad1 for the info on Henderson. Didn't know there are public reefs not far offshore. Will try this location for sure. I drove thru Henderson the other day. There is one area where I can get my PA down to the water pretty easy using my wheel-ez.
I have launched under the Destin bridge before and caught convicts and an occasional red at the Coast Guard Station. Flatties in the pilings too at times. Thanks 69Viking.
Henderson is on 98 east of Destin before you hit BassPro. Check it out gulfbreezetom. Im a retired guy and I hear what you're saying. I don't care to drag my yak across a lot of beach if I don't have to either.
gulfbreezetom likes this.
Old 03-27-2015, 01:28 PM   #9
Trigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobie View Post
Thanks Fisherdad1 for the info on Henderson. Didn't know there are public reefs not far offshore. Will try this location for sure. I drove thru Henderson the other day. There is one area where I can get my PA down to the water pretty easy using my wheel-ez.
I have launched under the Destin bridge before and caught convicts and an occasional red at the Coast Guard Station. Flatties in the pilings too at times. Thanks 69Viking.
Henderson is on 98 east of Destin before you hit BassPro. Check it out gulfbreezetom. Im a retired guy and I hear what you're saying. I don't care to drag my yak across a lot of beach if I don't have to either.
Just FYI they put a bunch of beach sand on the dirt access road at Henderson (the one about 50yds west of the triple Pavillion area) so hauling up that road is a bit harder now. (It used to be be hard packed.)
Old 03-27-2015, 04:05 PM   #10
Ruby Red Lip

I'm over in Destin also there is a nice launch in a little park on 30a close to yellowfin ocean sports can walk it right in the water and put it in the lake and paddle toward the gulf and the lake runs right into the gulf went there 3 days ago was my first time real nice place another guy was putting the same time I was
Tannerlc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in