Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Kayak Forum > Kayaking Reports

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Yakavelli
  • 1 Post By Yakavelli

Old 05-02-2015, 11:27 PM   #1
Senior Yakker
White Marlin

Default Tourney Reports?

I'll start it off. Decent day overall. I shoved off with 18 pinfish and croakers and went all morning without a bite. Eventually I found the reds on the flats and caught 3 between 27-29". During the first battle with a 29"er, the others in the school demolished my bobber while the hook was in my fish's mouth...pretty cool to watch but I was worried about them cutting my line. Bobber was trash by the end of the fight!

Shortly after, I put 2 keepers on ice. A 22" and a 25" red. Unfortunately, they were last minute catches and I missed the weigh-in. Traffic was worst imaginable scenario for a rush to the weigh-in. I wonder how many others missed it due to traffic today...

Sorry guys. I didn't break for pics. It was a mad rush there at the end. At least I got a cool shirt and a redfish dinner out of it! I'll post pics of the two keepers whenever I decide to clean them tomorrow. For now...I'm beat! Long day.
CreekLifeFL likes this.

Last edited by Yakavelli; 05-02-2015 at 11:30 PM.
Yakavelli is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2015, 09:02 AM   #2
White Marlin

That's sad you missed the weigh in with that many nice size fish.
stc1993 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2015, 10:44 AM   #3
Senior Yakker
White Marlin

It's all good. My own fault. I knew when I HAD to leave and pushed it a little too close. This is the 1st time in 8 years I've missed the weigh-in...and the last.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2015, 12:19 PM   #4
Mingo

Like you said, at least you got a dinner out of your keepers!
cbayne3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2015, 10:48 PM   #5
Senior Yakker
White Marlin

Tourney Reports?-uploadfromtaptalk1430704071653-jpg
Here's the bigger one. From what I saw in a pic of the leader board, this would've placed. Prolly 5.5 pounds or so. Oh well...live and learn.
CreekLifeFL likes this.

Last edited by Yakavelli; 05-03-2015 at 10:50 PM.
Old 05-04-2015, 01:36 AM   #6
Grouper

What a great tourney it was as always. My day started off with hearing some big trout blowing up on a dock light 10 mins before the lines in time. At 530 i started fishing and they didnt want anything to do with my artificials. I moved away from the lights and started chunking a topwater around where I could just begin to see bait jumping. A nice size trout blew up on me and I pulled the hooks because my drag was too tight. Caught a 17" trout a few mins later and tossed it back because it seemed like I was on a good bite. I went the next 2 hours without a bite and then right under a dock that I've caught tournament redfish under before, I hooked another solid red that was 26.25". As soon as I got that I loaded up and went to my backup trout spot which has also produced some nice flounder. My second cast I get a legal flounder in the yak. A few casts later while I'm standing and casting I watch a decent size speck come up and nail my Unfair Lures Arrowhead about 5 ft from the yak, didn't get a hook into her and away she went. I pulled back a little bit and 2 casts later I hooked another one or possibly the same fish. Got my 3 fish in the cooler and I am PUMPED! So I loaded up and went home to feed my dog and make myself some lunch. I made that trip short and sweet and then went to try and upgrade my flounder. Launched 2 more times before giving up on the flounder mission. My only other option was to upgrade my redfish because the trout I had was over 20". It's 2:15 pm and now I haul ass 30 mins away to a redfish spot. As I'm launching a lady who was wade fishing tells me she's caught 5 reds in the past hour..thats what I like to hear! I get going and need to cover distance to get to where I usually catch the most reds so I'm just hauling ass and fan casting my Unfair Arrowhead. A hundred yards from where I was heading to I get slammed and pull up a 27.25" red..released and continued working the area but couldnt get another bite. Back in the truck and at the weigh in by 4:45pm, was fortunate enough to take 2nd in Inshore Slam

KingOfTheIslandPensacola.com

Last edited by Bo Keifus; 05-04-2015 at 01:41 AM.
Bo Keifus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2015, 07:19 AM   #7
Senior Yakker
White Marlin

Nice report. Congrats on the slam!
Old 05-04-2015, 11:45 AM   #8
Grouper

I missed the weigh in as well by 4 min due to traffic... oh well will get em next year!
Jgatorman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in