Tourney report - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Kayak Forum > Kayaking Reports

Like Tree5Likes
  • 4 Post By fishn4fun
  • 1 Post By fishn4fun

Old 06-05-2016, 09:02 PM   #1
Sailfish

Default Tourney report

First off thank to all the people that put in the time and effort to make this such a great event. The conditions were horrible the wind was howling and kept shifting directions lightening popping all around rain was so hard at times I couldn't see where I was at but the fish we're hungry. I launched at 520 made my first cast at 535 and must have threw it right in a big trouts mouth zzzzzzz and slack next cast bam got crushed and mad some hard runs with a lot of head shaking I knew it was a good fish but didn't realize how good until she was boat side an amazing 28"+ trout my net was tangled up on the front of the yak and before I could get it Loose my super spook went flying and in a verrrryyy slow motion she slowly swam away. I went on to catch several more mid to decent trout and finally decide on a mediocre 23"er wich I'm glad i did i dint catch another decent trout all day. I was hoping to make up for the size of the trout with a good redfish. I got to the dock that I knew was holding and they were there just not the size I needed, I caught 5 mid slot fish there and moved on. By now the wind had turned so I was sheltered a little bit so I started fishing a grass flat that's held some good fish in the past but still plagued with mid slot fish I harvested a 24" fish and set my mind on flounder. I peddled the mile over to my usually guaranteed to hold a flounder hole only to find it was infested with hard heads I must have caught 20 before I gave up. Now it's getting late in the day I'm on the opposite side of town from anywhere i normally fish and I'm going in panic mode a little bit.i make the long trek back to the launch pack up and head for more familiar waters. I relaunch and head for my ole faithful within 3 cast I get that familiar bump I'm looking for set the hook and come on my bait was bigger than this fish bait up and again same thing I worked this area for an hour or so and the biggest flounder I caught was 10" moved around the point about 1/2 a mile and first bait in gets that bump gave it a second and bam fish on 12.5" flounder woooooooo I'll take it slam complete fished for another 20 minutes and upgraded 15.5"fish. I was not really confident with my small slam but I had one in the box on this tough day and was out of time. Headed to the weigh in to see what everyone else's day held and relax with an adult beverage and find out I made the cut and walked away with the cash a werner paddle valued at $400 and the coolest plague I've ever won.
fishn4fun is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-05-2016, 09:06 PM   #2
Sailfish

For some reason I can't upload pics it says I've exceeded the size limit wich I've never seen
NLytle likes this.
fishn4fun is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-05-2016, 09:36 PM   #3
Kayak Fishing Guide
Sailfish

It is a sweet plague!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Call and Book Your Adventure!

(850)264-3957

http://navarrekayakfishing.com

http://www.facebook.com/NavarreKayakFishing/

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoR...XhU2B7WUMpuC8Q
NLytle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-05-2016, 10:46 PM   #4
Blue Marlin

well done Sir!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in