Tired of catching fish? - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Kayak Forum > Kayaking Reports

Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By RedfishNone

Old 02-15-2018, 03:35 PM   #1
Mingo

Default Tired of catching fish?

So last night I debuted the new to me pro angler!! I got a 2013 pro angler 14 with the vantage seat and let me say it is the best kayak on earth!!! Me and The Ride 135 met up last night at the trusty old 3 mile for some redfish action. I was so happy to finally get nice weather on a day off. So the wind was 4-5 mph from the south. The temp was like 55 degrees. The tide was high at 10pm and thatís about what time we got there. I e been kayak fishing for about 6 years now and Iíve had a few yaks. I e had a native slayer, hobie quest, hobie outback, pescador, cuda, stealth, and a few others. By far the pro angler is the best. So we cruised our to the bridge and the conditions were perfect. Every light held fish. All we did was catch fish all night. The water is dark and so are the fish but you could see them clear as day. We would cast the jig head with a 7in fluke out and rip it across the top and you could watch them chase it down. Some would jump completely out of the water. We took pics at first but after the 5th or 6th each we said screw the pics and just released them as quick as possible. The current picked up around 1 am and thatís when they really went nuts. I think these fish wouldíve attacked a damn soda can if you threw it at them. Aggressive is an understatement. We got to the point where our arms were cramping and hurting from fighting the fish. Let me say that without exaggeration every other cast caught a fish. And we did this from 10:30-3:45. I was so exhausted!!! We got so many that at one point before we left we were enjoying watching the fish attack and were hoping they would spit the hook. I actually said we should cut the barb off the jig lol. It was so amazing to see so many fish in such an aggressive state. There were no waves at all. The water was flat the wind was low and the current was moving so fast. I have t had that much action since we had to battle the red dragons lol. Iím sorry if this is a long post but I just get so excited when I think about it.
RedfishNone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2018, 06:39 PM   #2
Jal
Ruby Red Lip

Nice!
Jal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2018, 09:55 PM   #3
Ruby Red Lip

Awesome post man! 3MB has been great, TheRide135 def puts you on fish out there! He got the bullred bullseye, sees em when I never can. Glad it was a great trip, can’t beat a PA! Maybe we can link up and hit em one night, or off shore soon!
txsouthcc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2018, 11:59 PM   #4
Trigger

Default Awesome Night

Tired of catching fish?-93e84dee-438e-4bf7-a383-df434b24bcbe-jpgTired of catching fish?-22d923c1-0fe1-40da-835a-645f5669af66-jpeg
TheRide135 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2018, 12:02 AM   #5
Trigger

Default Pic

Attachment 988185Attachment 988193
TheRide135 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2018, 07:55 AM   #6
*^* JaiBo *^*
Grand Slam

Sounds like a heck of a night... We went last night (boat though) and managed only 2... but hey ever since selling my sleds, I was just excited to be out there FISHING!!!!

Philippians 1:21

21 For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain.

Jason is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2018, 08:33 AM   #7
Make it a Grady Day.
White Marlin

pretty work and colorful Reds.
catch 'em up and thanks for sharing report & pics.
DAWGONIT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in