Sunday Offshore Destin - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Kayak Forum > Kayaking Reports

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By boomyak

Old 11-03-2014, 05:00 PM   #1
Trigger

Default Sunday Offshore Destin

Headed offshore Sunday for a few hours once the winds died down. Bait still present around 10-20' depth in alright numbers. Trolled live cigs on dusters, had a bunch of baits stolen, a few good runs followed by hooks being pulled and one barely legal king released. Didnt see any schools feeding or birds flocking. All the bites were within a half mile of shore.

Once the winds died down and the sun was overhead warming me up, I moved to the closer public numbers offshore. It was completely dead. Nothing at all was showing on my fish finder. No bites on live cigs or cut mullet. Went back to trolling live cigs while headed to shore but didn't have any bites on the way back in. I got on shore around 2pm and let some cut mullet soak for about 45 minutes because I thought I saw some reds, but nothing touched the bait. At one point I looked out and saw something large destroying bait within a quarter-mile of shore, no clue what it was churning up the water though. Surface water temp was low 70s. Seemed a lot more fishy in the afternoon, but I had to leave.
Salt4Lifer likes this.
boomyak is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2014, 07:03 PM   #2
Trigger

Thanks for the report.

Went out here in Pensacola sun morning but after about 100 yards, the NE wind was too much so I came back in. Too dangerous in my yak.
Salt4Lifer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-03-2014, 09:00 PM   #3
Trigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salt4Lifer View Post
Thanks for the report.

Went out here in Pensacola sun morning but after about 100 yards, the NE wind was too much so I came back in. Too dangerous in my yak.
Yeah, forecast was pretty spot on. Winds gusting 20+mph in the AM when I woke up, but by 11 it was maybe 10mph. Overall, there was no swell or white caps breaking though.

I'm not sure when it becomes unproductive to troll offshore, but I've heard below 72 degree water temp the pelagics aren't within kayak distance from shore.
boomyak is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2014, 12:55 PM   #4
Trigger

saturday was alot of activity you could see schools of whiting and mullet everywhere. I was on my way to fix a pier in Navarre of course, and not fishing. Sunday went surf fishing past pORTIFINO. nOTHING. mY FRIENDS WERE supPING AND SAW NO LIFE WHATSOEVER EXCEPT FOR A RAY.
navkingfisher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in