Paddleboarding action - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Kayak Forum > Kayaking Reports

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By hsiF deR

Old 05-09-2016, 10:10 PM   #1
White Marlin

Default Paddleboarding action

I'm digging the paddleboard fishing. It's good exercise and let's me focus on sight fishing which is all that really gets me up early anymore.

I got up at daylight and started paddling east. I went about 2.5 miles until the sun was up high enough that I could really see anything. There was bait all over the place and waves of waves of hardtails, lady fish, and bluefish coming down he beach. This made pompano fishing nearly impossible. I did end up seeing a good school of about 20 fish coming right at me but they were too close, they spooked.

I found a few reds. They are always willing to eat or so it seems. They made for plenty of entertainment.

Some of the best weather we have had all year.
Attached Thumbnails
Paddleboarding action-image_1462846037990-jpg   Paddleboarding action-image_1462846107941-jpg  
Attached Images

Jeffbro999, boomyak and g40 like this.

Last edited by hsiF deR; 05-10-2016 at 05:30 PM.
hsiF deR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-09-2016, 10:21 PM   #2
White Marlin

Phone won't let me upload pics
hsiF deR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2016, 01:31 AM   #3
Ruby Red Lip

Im curious, where do you fish with a paddleboard? Near shore on calm days only. Bay on calm days? Im guessing if its choppy or rough a paddleboard is not the place to be? Awesome pictures by yhe way. Nice board from what I csn see.
clynch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-10-2016, 02:41 AM   #4
Trigger

Paddle fishing is my new obsession. Got a board last July and truly enjoy fishing form it. The season is just getting started. Can't wait for the tarpon to start showing up in numbers.
Old 05-10-2016, 06:02 AM   #5
Sailfish

Beautiful water in your photos.

I do paddleboarding with my single fin Hobie ATR-2 model, 12'2"x32". But I'm not into paddleboard fishing. I like to do flat water paddling on a nearby 20,000 acre lake which is 25 miles from my home. Sometimes I like to take camping gear with me and camp overnight on the lakes edge where I set out some lines for catfish from the shore. Nothing like being on the lakes edge at night with a tent, comfy sleeping bag and a nice campfire.

In the subdivision where I live, we have a nice 10 acre lake where I can paddle just for fun. The subdivision lake is 100 yards from my home.

I plan on getting a second paddleboard. I'm looking at a 8'11"x31" quad fin + 1 (5 fin boxes). This board will also be going down to the upper Texas coast to paddle in the saltwater marshes where I might do a little blue crabbing from it. Then off to the Gulf of Mexico side to tackle some paddle surfing waves.
Night Wing is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in