Inshore is heating back up! - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Kayak Forum > Kayaking Reports

Old 11-02-2012, 02:48 AM   #1
Grouper

Default Inshore is heating back up!

Well I had a couple hours of free time yesterday so I decided to hit the water! launched about 15 mins before sunset. Tied my rigs up while peddling to my first spot and enjoyed the last bit of daylight. I started off with a topwater fly which was the first (and only so far) fly I ever tied myself. It was getting nailed by small specks the first few casts and I finally got one hooked and in the boat!! After that I switched up to a Delta Creek 1/2&1/2 and continued catching fish! Peddled on to the next dock light after getting bored with small specks and I got into some fish that were a little bit better. My first cast was my biggest speck of the night, still not too big. A nice lil redfish followed him. I caught 7 fish in 7 casts on that next light before I decided I'd caught enough there. Went on to hit one more light before heading in. A couple more small fish later I headed in. I totalled with about 12-15 fish which were all released to fight another day. It was an exciting hour and a half and was nice to catch so many fish on the fly!
Attached Thumbnails
Inshore is heating back up!-imag0934-jpg   Inshore is heating back up!-imag0958-jpg   Inshore is heating back up!-imag0959-jpg   Inshore is heating back up!-imag0962-jpg   Inshore is heating back up!-imag0963-1-jpg  

Inshore is heating back up!-imag0965-1-jpg   Inshore is heating back up!-imag0961-jpg  

KingOfTheIslandPensacola.com
Bo Keifus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2012, 03:01 AM   #2
Blue Marlin

Nice job bud!
oxbeast1210 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-02-2012, 03:16 AM   #3
Grouper

I need a GoPro and some lights so I can start getting better pictures!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2012, 09:53 AM   #4
Wicked Awesome
Sailfish

This may be a stupid question, so forgive me, but, are you fly fishing the lights? Or is that 'fly a jig for spinner? If actual fly fishing, how do you keep from hitting the docks, boats, tie lines, etc.?

[email protected]

[email protected]l.com

"If you have the opportunity in life to make things better, and you don't, you're wasting your time on Earth." R. Clemente, Sr.

"The only goal you can not accomplish is the one you do not pursue." Unknown
OTTE*DA*WORM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-02-2012, 10:35 AM   #5
Mingo

Sounds like a good night. I haven't had much luck under the dock lights recently. We are going to have to link up again before I leave in a few months.
dvldocz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-02-2012, 01:12 PM   #6
Grouper

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTTE*DA*WORM View Post
This may be a stupid question, so forgive me, but, are you fly fishing the lights? Or is that 'fly a jig for spinner? If actual fly fishing, how do you keep from hitting the docks, boats, tie lines, etc.?
I'm actually fly fishing. It's hard to do, and actually the lights I was on happened to not have boats docked up when i was there. But I only dump out just enough line to reach the edges of the dock. I start out with a little line dumped and during my first few casts I let a little bit more out each time to avoid sending my line into the boat lines and whatever else. If you're good at controlling how much line you let out during your false casts then you could do it all in 1 cast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvldocz View Post
Sounds like a good night. I haven't had much luck under the dock lights recently. We are going to have to link up again before I leave in a few months.
Definitely!

Last edited by Bo Keifus; 11-02-2012 at 01:32 PM.
Old 11-02-2012, 01:33 PM   #7
Trigger

Very nice!!
JonnyT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-02-2012, 11:35 PM   #8
Ruby Red Lip

Yea, I went out Today after work around 4:00. Wind was blowing, water was dirty and choppy, but picked up 4 reds, 3 specks, a damn catfish. and something I don't know what it was. Body shape exactly like a puffer, but no spikes. Anyway, 3 were big enough to keep for dinner. Still new to this kayak stuff, have caught about 50 fish in the bay the past month, gonna try for my first Gulf fish tomorrow, trolling cigs to see if I can hook up a big Spanish or better yet a king.
comparin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-03-2012, 12:20 AM   #9
Trigger

Inshore Perdido Bay was good this morning. Caught four keeper trout right off the bat (17"), then small trout and the first two redfish I've caught all year. The reds were too small. I tried for flounder with no luck.
Wilbur is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in