Hot morning in Hogtown Bayou 08-21-2011 - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Kayak Forum > Kayaking Reports

Old 08-21-2011, 07:38 PM   #1
Ruby Red Lip

Default Hot morning in Hogtown Bayou 08-21-2011

Launched around 6:30 this morning with a very smooth bay and little wind. Caught fish all morning mostly in 5-7 feet of water over grass beds. Ended up keeping 6 trout to 19+/- and spanish to 21+/-.... we had the bay to ourselves which made it even better.

DANIEL
Attached Thumbnails
Hot morning in Hogtown Bayou 08-21-2011-p8210029-jpg   Hot morning in Hogtown Bayou 08-21-2011-p8210031-jpg   Hot morning in Hogtown Bayou 08-21-2011-p8210040-jpg   Hot morning in Hogtown Bayou 08-21-2011-p8210034-jpg   Hot morning in Hogtown Bayou 08-21-2011-p8210037-jpg  

kingfisher27 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2011, 08:52 PM   #2
Cigar Minnow

Talking Hogtown Bayou not for hot us today

My Wife and I have heard that Hogtown Bayou would be a good trip for us to try on our tandem Ocean Kayak Malibu Two. Well this morning was our first chance to give it a try... we arrive at the Charles Cessna boat ramp (a very nice place to put in for kayaks) at 5:30 am, just before sunrise, there were three parties in boasts headed out at the same time, we start paddling around the North East grass line...throwing top lures early on and tried a couple of gulp colors and didn't see anything until we got to a school of mullet feeding all corners of an inlet at 3024'17"N, 8614'47"W and that's all the only fish action we could see. We headed back to the ramp at 9am.

After seeing your results we must not have explored around the peninsula far enough to hit the hungry fish...it was our first time...we will try again another day when we figure out which way we should be heading...we're rookies still.
JerrySchauer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-21-2011, 11:54 PM   #3
Mingo

I also must add that I caught my largest lady fish ever. It was my first bite of the morning. Dan and Adam were working a good spot, so I went deeper with my mirror lure and hooked into this guy. He put up an awesome fight with lots of jumps and runs.
Attached Thumbnails
Hot morning in Hogtown Bayou 08-21-2011-imag0166-jpg  
superchua is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in