6ft Tiger Shark Encounter 10/21/12 - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Kayak Forum > Kayaking Reports

Old 10-21-2012, 08:36 PM   #1
Trigger

Default 6ft Tiger Shark Encounter 10/21/12

Went out this this morning with BBarton, Matt and son(MO). Ran into Need2Fish and we introduced ourselves as I have been trying to keep ahead of him all year in Kayak Wars. Bait was really easy to get this morning so after that we headed out about a mile or so. The bite wasn't the best but we got some decent fish. I pulled up 2 legal Triggers right away and was stoked. Mo got a decent Red Snapper and a King on the way out. First time for both. I pull up a Snapper or two. Then I mentioned I would love a flounder. So 5 minutes after I say that I hear Brandon scream Flounder. Awesome 16" keeper. The last time I seen him pull up a flounder he lost it bouncing around the yak. I then pull up a 26" Cobia with an attitude. Then we go trolling to some other spots and I have a nice Spanish hit my king rig and sky jump or at least Matt told me it did. We bottom fish for a while and Matt gets schooled on I'm guessing a nice Grouper, it breaks him off into structure. Not much action we decide to troll back a ways and I tell Brandon I want to try for some more triggers. Brandon says cool, I'll drop my Go pro down to see whats down there. Big mistake. A shark grabs his go pro and bites through a thick rope. Ouch, in a few seconds it was gone. I didn't no what to say when it happened. Brandon was bummed so he decided to go in and cut his losses. I went out for some more action and a 6ft Tiger Shark comes up on me when I'm bottom fishing and circles about 2 times really slowly. I put the GoPro up to his face because he was really interested in me. He finally leaves. I decide to leave after that and troll in. I get a double hook up on kings and call it a day. Overall a good day on the water. Enjoy the shark video. I had a mellow song on but it got blocked.
Attached Thumbnails
6ft Tiger Shark Encounter 10/21/12-dscn0039-jpg   6ft Tiger Shark Encounter 10/21/12-dscn0036-jpg  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-21-2012, 08:51 PM   #2
PrettyAwesomeWhiteGuy
Sailfish

Great shark footage! Sucks about the lost GoPro...guess it can be used as an excuse to upgrade to the Hero 3
PAWGhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-21-2012, 08:57 PM   #3
Trigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAWGhunter View Post
Great shark footage! Sucks about the lost GoPro...guess it can be used as an excuse to upgrade to the Hero 3
Thats what Brandon said immediately when it happened about the new Hero 3. I can't drop mine down after seeing that happen. I wonder if the shark swallowed it or just spit it out.
Advertisement

Old 10-21-2012, 09:11 PM   #4
Sailfish

Good to see you guys out there. Nice video. Hate that about Brandon's gopro. I limped around all day on 1/2 pedal power. Saw some mahi but couldn't get them to eat. Just kings, spanish and sharks. Lots of bait though. Hope to catch up with y'all again.
need2fish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-21-2012, 09:51 PM   #5
Trigger

Really cool video. Looked like he wanted to take a nibble out of your yak there for a second!
jasonh1903 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-21-2012, 09:57 PM   #6
Trigger

I have to wonder if these sharks are learning to relate Kayaks to food. I'm referring to a post yesterday of someone actually feeding sharks from a kayak just for kicks. All I know is when you feed Gators, they learn very quickly to associate people with food and rapidly become a nuisance.
GatorBane is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-21-2012, 09:58 PM   #7
Trigger

BTW, great video. Beautiful.
GatorBane is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-21-2012, 10:25 PM   #8
Senior Yakker
White Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorBane View Post
I have to wonder if these sharks are learning to relate Kayaks to food. I'm referring to a post yesterday of someone actually feeding sharks from a kayak just for kicks. All I know is when you feed Gators, they learn very quickly to associate people with food and rapidly become a nuisance.
Kinda looks like it had that arched back, aggressive posture. Didn't look like a happy shark to me. I've often wondered how tasty a mirage drive must look to a big tiger or bull. Especially if there's some blood dripping through the hole lol.
Yakavelli is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-21-2012, 10:50 PM   #9
Ruby Red Lip

Love the video. That would honestly scare me pretty bad. lol Also alot of good fish you caught there (:
yakkinchick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-21-2012, 10:51 PM   #10
Grand Slam

Nice video!
Realtor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in