3mb 11/5 - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Kayak Forum > Kayaking Reports

Old 11-06-2014, 09:16 AM   #1
Ruby Red Lip

Default 3mb 11/5

Headed out yesterday evening about 5, launching from the GB launch at the foot of the bridge. It was a beautiful night with very light NW winds putting a slight ripple on the water. Started at one of the closer pylons in about 20' of depth where there was a little activity on the surface. Threw out a white fishbite strip on a white jighead and had a half dozen white trout in the bait bucket in about 30 min. Immediately threw one out on a carolina rig while I continued to fish for bait. Had a good knockdown, but didn't hook up. A few minutes later had a fish on; got it to the yak and it was about a 24" gar. I worked my way north along the bridge but the next 1.5 hrs consisted of catching 4-5 sailcats. Saw a nice bull under one of the lights, so I knew they were out there. Finally, just after 7, the drag on the Sahara 4000 starts screaming. I start tightening it down a bit and feel that familiar headshake; think I've got a red. About 5 min into that fight, the Stratic 6000 starts whining. Great! 2 hrs of "not much", then two big'uns on at once. After another 5 min, I get the 1st red yak-side, he was in the 30-32" range. Get him released and go to work on the 2nd. He was pretty worn out from fighting the drag (which I could smell by this point) but still had a decent run or two left in him. Got him to the boat and he was a beaut! Probably my largest bull yet; probably somewhere in the 36-38" range. I didn't take either out of the water to minimize the stress on the fish, especially since both fish were on the hook longer than I'd prefer, so I don't know exact weight or length. I packed it in after that; probably about 7:30. Not a bad couple hours of fishing; great weather and water conditions. Sorry, no pics guys. I'm working on a better place to mount the gopro so I can get some better shots when I'm fishing alone.
superdave is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2014, 09:43 AM   #2
Kayak Fishing Guide
Sailfish

I think I'm going to have to make a trip to 3mb sometime. Thanks for the report.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Call and Book Your Adventure!

(850)264-3957

http://navarrekayakfishing.com

http://www.facebook.com/NavarreKayakFishing/

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoR...XhU2B7WUMpuC8Q
NLytle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2014, 05:23 AM   #3
Grouper

Wish I had been able to be there. Got a 3 day weekend coming up though! Give me a holler if youre interested in heading out!
strongman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2014, 08:55 AM   #4
Ruby Red Lip

Probably will be out Saturday. Thinking about afternoon trolling at the beach then 3mb in the evening. I'll let you know what the plan is.
superdave is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in