3 barges 28 Jan 2012 tried oxbeast PA out - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Kayak Forum > Kayaking Reports

Old 01-28-2012, 08:19 PM   #1
Trigger

Default 3 barges 28 Jan 2012 tried oxbeast PA out

Launched I'm guessing at 740 with Blackjeep and a friend of his at second parking lot fort pickens. It was his first time out and he did great. The surf was coming in with sets, so it seemed you had to time it right. Was my first time with Oxbeast PA after the trade. I thought I had clear sailing for my launch and then out of now where I had waves breaking on the bow and soaking me. Ha ha, oh well. We immediately gave up on getting bait past the shorebreak and headed to 3 barges. I think within 5 minutes I dropped a sardine and landed a 26" Redfish. within 10 minutes boaters, kayakers and dive boats showed up. We decided to try some other spots because of the walmart parking lot out there. Next seven hours we caught of bunch of pig fish, few nice red snapper, few small triggers and a few sand perch. The dolphins seemed very aggressive today and wouldn't stop following us. They were actually stealing our sardines and minnows and screaming drag off. I think Blackjeep has some video of them getting really close. Not the best day but we still had fun. Oxbeast I love the PA, thanks again.
Attached Thumbnails
3 barges 28 Jan 2012 tried oxbeast PA out-014-jpg   3 barges 28 Jan 2012 tried oxbeast PA out-002-jpg   3 barges 28 Jan 2012 tried oxbeast PA out-006-jpg   3 barges 28 Jan 2012 tried oxbeast PA out-008-jpg  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2012, 08:39 PM   #2
Grouper

Dolphins are attracted to fishfinder signals, so if they won't go away, try turning off your FF for a few minutes. These dolphins are probably just sitting on the Three Barges anyways, but if they follow you as you're moving to a different spot, it's probably your fishfinder's fault.
PBTH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2012, 08:46 PM   #3
Trigger

I will try that next time for sure, We didn't spend much time at 3 Barges and then when we left of course they showed up immediately at every other spot we went to. I'm sure we weren't the only ones getting harassed. I guess were in there territory so can't complain too much.
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2012, 08:58 PM   #4
Blue Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakntat View Post
I will try that next time for sure, We didn't spend much time at 3 Barges and then when we left of course they showed up immediately at every other spot we went to. I'm sure we weren't the only ones getting harassed. I guess were in there territory so can't complain too much.
I was the guy in the moss green OK. Flipper didnt follow you, he was over at 3 barges still after I left where yall where. At that spot it was Flippers cousin and friends.
JD7.62 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2012, 08:59 PM   #5
The Yakslayer
Snapper

You should have seen the dolphins haul ass to us from 200 yards away when I hooked a pigfish. I think they actually heard it grunting. They came right to me and gave me an underwater fly by looking up at me for it. I have 3 or 4 videos where I put the camera underwater and they came to within about 5 feet of it each time and sat there trying to figure out what it was. Pretty cool, but they were a serious pain in the butt today too.
BlackJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2012, 09:10 PM   #6
Kenneth
Grouper

I saw that dolphin stealing some guys fish for about thirty minutes. He was on a boat and getting frustrated. After you guys left I hooked up with a HUGE shark, he cut me off but he did come to the top once then shook his head and he was gone 7 ft at least I think, Don't want to exaggerate too much but he was big. Nice day lots of small porgies and one snapper.
keperry1182 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2012, 09:12 PM   #7
The Yakslayer
Snapper

Any idea what kind of shark?
BlackJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2012, 09:34 PM   #8
Red Solo Kayak
Sailfish

Looks/sounds like fun! cant wait to hit it again when i get my Outback
MrPhoShiz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2012, 09:34 PM   #9
Blue Marlin

Glad you liked it !!
I went to the 3 barges in my cruddy cabin . I was going to see if you guys needed refreshments or food but I only saw one kayak and didn't get a good enough look to recognize wjp it was . Thinking maybe kperry..
Papaya outback..???
oxbeast1210 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2012, 10:09 PM   #10
Blue Marlin

Actually its whoever is in that second picture .
oxbeast1210 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in