What is your solution? - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Hunting/Shooting Forum > Hunting Firearms

Old 12-14-2012, 05:26 PM   #1
Ruby Red Lip

Default What is your solution?

Okay I would first ask to everyone who chooses to respond, please do so in a respectful, non antagonizing, civilized way. So that we can have a real conversation without this thread being locked by moderators.

That being said, with today's tragic events in Connecticut, which involved misuse of a firearm, what can be done to prevent this?

Personally, I am against gun control for multiple reasons. main reason, criminals don't obey laws therefor I carry and own to protect those around me, if ever faced with an unfortunate situation.

Do any of you have another view or opinion on this? How in the world do we prevent such events?!?!?
BenSelman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2012, 05:39 PM   #2
Sailfish

Simply put I dont think you can prevent it. I personally think eventually schools will start going the route courts and other federal/state offices/buildings have gone with a check-in entry point/screening system to help minimize these incidents. However if someone wants to do some harm, they are going to find away to do some. There will always be away to get around what preventive measures are put into place.

I also am against gun control.
tips n tails is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-14-2012, 06:27 PM   #3
Sailfish

The shooter was diagnosed with acute psychosis and was only 20 years old. Both things SHOULD have disqualified him from possessing a handgun, but these Pieces of Shizzle that commit this type of crime don't care about any law.
The solution is to enforce mandatory stiff prison sentences for anyone using a gu to commit a crime, and stop sensationalizing these attacks with 24-hour news coverage.
PensacolaEd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2012, 06:35 PM   #4
Snapper

This is a very sad day for sure, Prayers sent to all the families involved.
Taking away guns wont stop it.
These sickos will just find another way to do it.
like a home made bomb or something.

Kevin
Kevin B is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-14-2012, 06:37 PM   #5
Sailfish

Wirelessly posted

Allowing teachers to carry.
The POTUS wants to create jobs....school security forces throughout the country. 2-3 man security teams based at every school.. not just security guards with guns but truly trained security minded individuals. Imagine the jobs that would create, the deterrent it would be and how much safer everyone would be
Collard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-14-2012, 07:14 PM   #6
White Marlin

When I was in Israel, all guided school tours were accompanied by an armed guard. We need to have armed security at schools to deter these people.
chaps is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-14-2012, 07:37 PM   #7
Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collard View Post
Wirelessly posted

Allowing teachers to carry.
The POTUS wants to create jobs....school security forces throughout the country. 2-3 man security teams based at every school.. not just security guards with guns but truly trained security minded individuals. Imagine the jobs that would create, the deterrent it would be and how much safer everyone would be
The Malls next? Then what? Disney? I'm sure Obama would LOVE to expand the Government that we pay for, with Federal Security. This was a tragedy. No doubt, but this is he world we live in now.

No more gun control other than what's in place.

Prayers to the families of those affected today.
tigerbait is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-14-2012, 09:15 PM   #8
Sailfish

The only thing we can do is teach our children right from wrong and that there are consequences for their actions. But the cold hard truth is that there is evil in this world. Evil people will do evil things. That will never change. The only thing good people can do is educate and be prepared for evil when it appears.

Nothing is going to prevent a psychotic from doing things like this but you can be prepared when it does happen. Perhaps, in each school, their could be a select few people that are allowed access to a few (maybe a dozen or so) firearms strategically locked up, and out of view of the students, though out the school (maybe next to every fire extinguisher) that could be accessed very quickly when something like this happens. It might not save every one but it could save some. Some people saved is better than none saved.

You can pass all the laws you want and it won't change a thing. We could ban guns tomorrow and it will only serve to create a black market for firearms in this country. Probably from Mexico.
Washington is playing their ignorant and ill-informed constituency like an organ grinder plays his monkey. The monkey shuts up and does what he's told, as long as he gets his banana. There is no difference in Washington. They squander the blood sweat and tears of the hard working, tax paying Americans and lie to them when they're caught. Needing their ever-increasing supply of bananas, the trained monkeys will continue to dance for their bananas.
bigbulls is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2012, 01:28 PM   #9
Grouper

sorry for all involved, but the govt and media are twisting this just the way they want.
If there were no guns involved, these people can get anything they need on the internet for bombs, poisons drug mixtures.....
Craziness can not be stopped only matched at strength, our govt does nothing to discourage this behavior, let career criminals walk out of prisons everyday, and thier answer is to take guns.....
The real answer is for the American public to stand up and be people instead of being flocked and brain washed like animals and match the power of crazy people by empowering themselvs with thier 2nd adm right and have the ability to protect themselves as well as protect a fellow American in trouble.
Simply stand up for good
FISHBOXFULL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2012, 02:30 PM   #10
Grand Slam

I've thought about this a lot. I honestly think that every large institution, be it a school, corporation, etc. should have a couple of trained, trusted employees (on each floor) that carry at all times AND have access to locked up ARs or shotguns. It won't stop a crazy but it will limit the damage he can cause before he's taken down.
I'm not talking about armed guards, I'm talking about people that normally work there. I'm sure that most places have a few gun enthusiasts that will require minimal training to get very proficient and they should be allowed to practice bi-weekly at company expense.
welldoya is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in