What made YOU fall in love w/the Glock? - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Hunting/Shooting Forum > Hunting Firearms

Old 02-19-2011, 10:13 AM   #1
Snapper

Default What made YOU fall in love w/the Glock?

My dad watched a show on tv about the glock this year and they actually buried a loaded glock in the mud and left it for 30 days....when they came back and dug it up, it still fired w/no problems....I think also on that episode, they dropped a loaded glock from like 10,000ft(loaded) and it didn't go off...anyways, just looking for your thoughts.
duchamp6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2011, 10:20 AM   #2
White Marlin

My love affair is still with hard cold steel and wood furniture, even though the Glock is impressive.
FrankwT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2011, 11:22 AM   #3
Sailfish

I read somewhere, I forget where, that before the military adopted the glock they did some test like the ones mentioned above. They apparently left one on the road in the desert for an extended period of time (30 days I think) and came back and it shot with no problems. They did the same kind of testing in the snow as well.
I don't know if this is 100% accurate, but its what I read. It made for a good story anyway!
beeritself is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2011, 11:34 AM   #4
White Marlin

Very interesting:
http://www.theprepared.com/index.php...ask=view&id=90

http://membres.multimania.fr/shooter/glock/glock4.html
FrankwT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2011, 11:47 AM   #5
*^* JaiBo *^*
Grand Slam

My ole man was a Glock armor when I was younger, then he bought me my 1st Glock as a graduation present from the academy....been carrying 1 since 94. I personally like the feel, trigger pull, reliability, and ease of takedown.

I broke the spring rod in my 27 by dropping it on the ground. It still operated fine but cosmetically it bothered me. I sent an email to Glock and they sent me a new 1 FREE!!!
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2011, 01:14 PM   #6
Grouper

I have heard all about the torture testing but I never fell in love with them. I was always a metal frame guy. I bought my first Glock (G29) a couple months ago as my new carry gun. I can't say I am in love but I do like it and plan on buying a few more.
GENTLE WOLF is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2011, 01:14 PM   #7
Sailfish

Default First.......

........don't listen to Frank. He's a Hi-Point kinda guy.

I was a very small part of the tests when the military was looking for something to replace the 1911's.

I was invited to Crane,Ind. which at the time was a Navel Weapons Test Facility and the armory for most military small arms. There were 8 of us seated at a long narrow table. The Glock guy was introduced and he walked up to the table with 8 Glock 17's in a wooden box. He talked us thru the complete disassembly process.(not simply the barrel and spring/guide rod out of the slide,but COMPLETE)

When we were through, he came down the table with the box and asked all of us to throw all our parts into that box. Then he took the box and violently shook it up. He then dumped all the parts back out on the table and talked us through the assembly process. After all the Glocks were reassembled we shot them to the tune of 500rds per weapon.

Try that with any other pistol. I was sold. Later when I heard that the military had picked Beretta,I was sick. Politics at it's best.

Torture tests aside.....when is the last time that you heard of ANY Glock having ANY kinda problem if it had all OEM original Glock parts installed and was firing SAMMI spec ammo ?????????? --- SAWMAN
SAWMAN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2011, 05:08 PM   #8
Blue Marlin

Price, reliability, weight, reliability, accuracy (for what its intended for), reliability, capacity and, oh yeah, reliability! My G19 is at my side more than any other of my guns.
JD7.62 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2011, 05:58 PM   #9
twiceRetired Serve No One
Blue Marlin

For me it is the AK of Handguns.
there is no substitute for reliability.

there are more accurate rifles and hand guns than the AK and the Glock but none can match their reliability.

watched a Video where they dropped handguns from a Helicopter onto pavement and the Glock was the only one that would still fire.
It did have the plastic rear sight brake off , but it functioned 100%
HisName is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2011, 08:41 PM   #10
Sailfish

Send a message via Yahoo to kaferhaus

Quote:
Torture tests aside.....when is the last time that you heard of ANY Glock having ANY kinda problem if it had all OEM original Glock parts installed and was firing SAMMI spec ammo ?????????? --- SAWMAN
They had quite a few Kabooms with some 40s awhile back. Too much of the case head was unsupported. They denied it was the pistols and tried to blame the ammo for quite some time but many of the kabooms wee at police ranges with issued ammo. They eventually settled and fixed the problem.

They're extremely durable and reliable. They're also the ugliest pistol I've ever laid eyes on. I've owned several of them and even shot IPSC with one for a few years but eventually sold them all off and honestly don't miss them a bit.

But that's why we have so many choices.... I don't think you can go wrong with a Glock or many other pistols out there. It's just what you like.
kaferhaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
glock

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in