tula primers - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Hunting/Shooting Forum > Hunting Firearms

Old 09-25-2011, 11:32 PM   #1
Sailfish

Thumbs down tula primers

don't care what you say TULA primers suck there lager then cci ,

been fighting 1000 for 5 hours now had to go back to hand priming and after i got the 1000 45ACP PRIMED

I WENT BACK TO CCI AND ALL RAN SMOOTH AGAIN

now lets see if they all go off.

that 10 bucks saved was not worth the PNTA

update
wolf was a little tight but the tula ones suck they might look like there the same as wolf but my 45acp brass says different as i just primed 2000 now all from the same can,,, cci perfect, wolf little tight , tula i destroyed at-least 75

PS: did find 4 45acp that took sm primers

buy sell trade
http://www.gulfcoastgunforum.com

Last edited by chevelle427; 09-28-2011 at 03:57 PM.
chevelle427 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-26-2011, 08:25 PM   #2
Snapper

I used them during the election scare. They were the only primers I could readily find. I had no problems with them along with Wolf primers. I do hate Tula ammo though.
Gravity3694 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-28-2011, 03:34 PM   #3
Mingo

Chevelle , I see your posts on here often... Had a question for you. I'm really wanting to get into reloading some ammo. I literally know nothing about it though... What can or cant be reloaded, everything... Currently have 7.62x39mm , 9mm , 45 , and 380 as calibers. I'm really trying to focus on rifle rounds but gaining any info on reloading would help. Looking to get a 30-06 soon, and possibly 30-30.
Guess what I'm asking is... How did you start? Someone show you? You get manual, videos , etc?
Thanks again, any info will help!!!
dwatts1984 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-28-2011, 03:50 PM   #4
Sailfish

i got started when i bought some store bought reloads 30+ years AGO and one was a dbl charge and caused a ka-boom in my 1911, figured i could do better.
so i just bought a book and ask ?????? now days there are classes on it i know a local guy he charges $30 for the class ill pm you my number if interested there is another on here that is getting into reloading i have shown some stuff to i think he is going to take the class too.

as for anyone else on here that either new to reloading or just starting out i have no problems showing you what i know and how my stuff is set up

if i shoot it i load for it except 22's

buy sell trade
Old 09-28-2011, 04:03 PM   #5
Mingo

Maybe I could meet up with you sometime then. I'm looking to probably buy an all inclusive kit so I don't have to shop around... This is kind of why id like to get some info on it before hand.

Yea see the kaboom in my hand thing doesn't sound like a great idea!!! Thus I'm trying to go about it the right way. I bought some garbage reloads at a gun show and never bought them since.

I learn things real quick. But im a visual learner so, I need to see it done. Class might be a good idea. Is it private... or group? Also how long is it...

Thanks for the Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle427 View Post
i got started when i bought some store bought reloads 30+ years AGO and one was a dbl charge and caused a ka-boom in my 1911, figured i could do better.
so i just bought a book and ask ?????? now days there are classes on it i know a local guy he charges $30 for the class ill pm you my number if interested there is another on here that is getting into reloading i have shown some stuff to i think he is going to take the class too.

as for anyone else on here that either new to reloading or just starting out i have no problems showing you what i know and how my stuff is set up

if i shoot it i load for it except 22's
dwatts1984 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-28-2011, 04:08 PM   #6
Sailfish

dean has a sign up sheet at the gun shows so there could be 1 - 10 show up, not saying a class is better back 30 years ago we didn't have not stink'en classes

we can get together some time you will but stuff you dont need (now) but sometimes down the road you might need it , like that bullet puller i bought many years ago , had to use it last month for the first time , had to pull 500 9mm back down,

buy sell trade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in