thumbhole stock - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Hunting/Shooting Forum > Hunting Firearms

Old 03-11-2011, 04:19 PM   #1
Snapper

Default thumbhole stock

Does anybody know where I can get a thumbhole stock for a sako 75 finnlite long action I have been unable to find any so any info would be helpfull! Thanks!
T-REX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2011, 07:42 PM   #2
Sailfish

Default thumbhole

no offense new guy but if you would have bought a real gun you wouldn`t need a new stock. Your best bet would be to try and sell that p.o.s. sako and buy something else. remember, you get what you pay for. You can`t expect to go to some random yard sale and get a nice hunting rifle. If you get in a bind i will give you a couple hundred dollars for that thing. no offense
CHUMM BUCKET is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2011, 07:44 PM   #3
Sailfish

You might want to go to midwayusa.com I buy stocks there for my 10/22 builds.
daniel9829 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2011, 01:44 AM   #4
Sailfish

Richards will inlet a Sako 75.

http://www.rifle-stocks.com/actions_available.htm
bigbulls is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2011, 09:30 AM   #5
Sailfish

Default Damn chumm bucket

No offence, but why don't you list your guns here and let me(us)slam and degreade them and you for simply buying them. I'd probably only offer you $200 for some of your guns also(no offense,of course). WOW !!! ----SAWMAN
SAWMAN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2011, 12:37 PM   #6
Snapper

Yea I hear ya sawman what is chumm buckets problem I think he may be upset him an his boyfriend may have had a little scuffle!!! It's all good though I can take it an ill gladly go to the range any day an put my sako barrel on this line!!!!
T-REX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2011, 01:19 PM   #7
Grouper

Two comments and a welcome to the PFF, T-Rex!

First, I don't know how the quality of Sako weapons is today but back when I was buying long guns and that goes back into the mid-60's, Sako Finnbear rifles were one of the most sought after brands of European weapons on the market. I lived in Europe and had a chance to buy some of the 200 and 300 caliber rifles and I also shoot left handed and they had most of their models in both versions. Maybe they sold out to China now and DO make junk but that is up to the individual to decide.

Regarding custom stocks, are you handy with wood tools and finishes and know any basics of inletting barreled actions?? If so or you are willing to learn, check out Reinhart Fajen stocks, they were the premier semi-inletted unfinished but almost fully shaped prime wood stocks available. Same time era. I don't know if Fajen stocks are even available today as so many other businesses have been put out to pasture by cheap junk from the Far East.

Good luck in finding something that suits you and hang in there. There's always gonna be some wise acre who needs to make your stuff look like a piece of junk so don't let it get you down. I always recommend hitting the Ignore button if someone doesn't like what I write. My take on it, if this Chum bucket doesn't like what you wrote and he has some tidbit of common sense, he probably won't read any more of your posts anyway. Why should he unless he is looking for someone to pick on and that will come out real quick if that's the case.
Framerguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2011, 02:26 PM   #8
Sailfish

Default haha

wow guys, get your g-strings out of a knot. i am 1 of the reasons t-rex joined this forum. we are pretty good friends and i would never talk crap like that to someone i didn`t know, unless they deserved it. i thought anyone that read my post about his gun could see pretty clearly that it was a joke.
Old 03-12-2011, 02:34 PM   #9
White Marlin

No Chum, I could not tell you knew him or were joking, Sawman beat me to his comment, hard to tell those things with typing I guess. Now that you explain it, it is funny, thanks for the clarification. Have you made up with the boyfriend yet? LOL
FrankwT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2011, 02:42 PM   #10
Sailfish

Default boyfriend

yep, we`re cool. found him and t-rex shacked up together. damn fags!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in