Suggestions for a CC pistol - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Hunting/Shooting Forum > Hunting Firearms

Old 07-14-2013, 09:08 AM   #1
White Marlin

Default Suggestions for a CC pistol

I turn 21 in December and told my parents that I want a pistols as my present, so now I just have to figure out which one i want. I'm looking for something that's compact and could slide into the back of my pants and not be seen, but not something too small. Also looking for a decent sized caliber, so no .22's. Anyone have experience with the Ruger LCP? Taurus also had one called like the LDS that looked nice.
SouthAlabamaSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-14-2013, 09:10 AM   #2
Ruby Red Lip

I often carry a Kahr P380 depending on how I'm dressed. Fits very nicely in the back pocket.
07 Fatboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-14-2013, 09:15 AM   #3
CCC
Grand Slam

It is all a matter of choice, you will find those that love and hate every gun you look at. I had a LCP and just got rid of it, very concealable, but there were things I did not like, sights sucked, and it has trigger bite, (pinches your finger when you fire). I also did not like the caliber, now I have a .38 snub nose Taurus model 85.
CCC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-14-2013, 09:20 AM   #4
Fishing Junkie
Trigger

that is a loaded question ...lol. there is no real way to recomend a conceal carry for any one person without them holding the weapon !!! my hand and your hand are different. for you to conceal carry you need to be as comfortable holding and firing the weapon as the grip on your steering wheel in whatever you drive !!! Nervous people make mistakes. My wife carries a hamerless 5 shot 38 and i carry a taurus 40. but i want to downsize to the sig 380 that looks like a 1911 that you left in the dryer too long. Karr and Keltec both make fantstic wallet sized CC's. how you intend to carry will make a big difference in what you carry also.
BILL MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-14-2013, 09:23 AM   #5
Ruby Red Lip

CCC great point. The .38 snubbie is a tried and true classic. I have one of those also....love that little wheel gun. I have the Ruger LCR....very smooth trigger pull with the cam action they have.

Last edited by 07 Fatboy; 07-14-2013 at 09:26 AM.
Old 07-14-2013, 09:34 AM   #6
White Marlin

Thanks so far guys. Yeah I know that you can't truly tell me the gun I should carry, but I'm just looking for recommendations based on what y'all like. It's not very reasonable for me to go and hold every gun made, so I'm just looking at the recommendations for a start.
SouthAlabamaSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-14-2013, 09:40 AM   #7
Ruby Red Lip

You need to be comfortable with whatever you choose. I would recommended firing the ones you are interested in if that's possible....often times its not and I realize that. At a minimum I would ask the salesman if you can dry fire the weapon if live firing isn't possible. This will give you some indication as to the smoothness of the trigger pull....just my opinion.
Old 07-14-2013, 09:41 AM   #8
Snapper

If you are looking for a semi auto I would recommend you look at the Sig P250SC line. My wife carries the 9mm in this line and I carry the .40 in this line. If you are looking at a revolver, Smith and Wesson makes the bodyguard. As previously stated though, its going to be personal preference. The best advice is you need to research them and go to a gun show and physically hold them.
jeepNfool is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-14-2013, 09:42 AM   #9
Trigger

I carry the Springfield XDS 45 and love it, also love the Ruger LCR, carry it in my shorts pocket.
wareagle50 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-14-2013, 10:20 AM   #10
Bearded Brotula
Grand Slam

Drive to Hoover, AL, if there isn't a store like it down there, and go to Hoover Tactical Firearms. They have a huge inventory and an indoor range where you can pay to test out almost any pistol you want. That is the only way to ensure that you get the gun you want. Everybody's choice is different. I see people that love Keltecs, while I despise them. Same with the trigger on the Kahr. I love my Glock, but not everyone does.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in