small safe... - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Hunting/Shooting Forum > Hunting Firearms

Old 07-30-2011, 01:34 PM   #1
Trigger

Default small safe...

Looknig for sugestions on a small pistol safe for a nitestand type deal...looked at Barska, Gun Vault, and another...saw a few posts on here about Gun Vault, but reviews elsewhere question the product. Got a 6 year old at the house, and she's not nosey, but kids are kids. I'm deployed for a year and the wife needs womething accesable, durable, safe, and preventable to others other than her. Doen't need to be fireproof, but the main point is ease, quality, and keeping the young ones out. Thanks for the input.
ammolance is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2011, 02:46 PM   #2
Snapper

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Shooting/Gun-Storage/Gun-Safes|/pc/104792580/c/104730480/sc/104369580/Stack-On-Quick-Access-Locks/1217837.uts?destination=%2Fcatalog%2Fbrowse%2Fshoo ting-gun-storage-gun-safes%2F_%2FN-1100213&WTz_l=SEO%3Bcat104369580

saw this one in the cabelas catalog and thinking about getting one with the biometric fingerprint id for my house, just going to see if i can find one a little smaller without the shelf
BobbyD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-30-2011, 02:54 PM   #3
Snapper

I have a Bulldog Vault. It has a keypad and keyed backup in case the battery goes out. $60 at Mikes when I bought mine. I like it a lot.
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2011, 06:23 PM   #4
Snapper

If you have a cabinet to put its in, try Harbor Freight . I bought one big enough for my Judge and Glock for $20, elrctronic key pad with key backup.
T140 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2011, 01:48 PM   #5
Ruby Red Lip

I recently bought a Barska ($200) after my wife walked in on a burglar with my loaded gun in his pocket. I put my thumb in 10 different ways and recorded it 10 different ways. So far, it always opens first time every time. It is fairly large and will hold several handguns. I plan to put a shelf in mine to double the capacity and bolt it to a wall. It does a lot of beeping so anyone close by will hear you opening it, but that's ok with me. If you ignore the beeping for low battery, there is an unhandy key for getting back in.
skipperbrown is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in